Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Good for Prince Harry !!

edited February 2008 in Not Sports Related
I know its not Charlton related but good on Prince Harry joining the front line in Afganistan. I hope if he sees any lack of supplies and miltary gear for our lads he comes back and tells Queeny and bollock the fat cat mps.

Comments

• Hear hear.

He is a member of our undervalued, underpaid and undersupplied armed forces and as such is only doing his duty, yet it makes you feel proud just the same as Andrew did way back in 82.
  • [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]

yet it makes you feel proud just the same as Andrew did way back in 82.

Was that the night he managed, finally,to climb the vast mountainous range that is Sarah 'fergie' Ferguson ?

England salutes you!
  • 'Was that the night he managed, finally,to climb the vast mountainous range that is Sarah 'fergie' Ferguson ?'

Lucky ba***rd
  • Sorry, but not for me.

"He was flown in with a team of special forces". well, well done to those lads.

Don't see why it warrants half of news at ten either way to be honest.
  • "Sorry, but not for me.

"He was flown in with a team of special forces". well, well done to those lads.

Don't see why it warrants half of news at ten either way to be honest."

Fair enough, but returning to the question in hand.... Fergie, would you?
  • in a nutshell off it
  • Personally I think he's a bit of a plonker but if he wants to get himself killed, good luck to him.
  • For me it's either very well "Spun" or quite genuine.

Appaerently it was leaked on an american website and the british media had agreed to keep quiet, but when it leaked, they we okayed to go with it.

Well done Harry- not in anyway i am a royalist at all, but in a situation like this, he'll be doing the same as his uncle andy did and rallying the troups, and at this time, gawd knows, they need it.....
  • [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]
    Fair enough, but returning to the question in hand.... Fergie, would you?

Alex? No.

That dirty old redhead munter ?- well, I bet she's a game lass!
  • hes in no danger whatsover,more press for the real heroes out there!
  • Sponsored links:

• Makes me wonder how setup this is. Send him out there for a few weeks (ten? yeah right) then 'leak' the story through some obscure American website... Prince Harry then has to come home due to the increased risk to him and his company. Harry arrives home a hero and the Royal family are suddenly great again...

Hmmmmm
  • there be telling us andrew was a war hero next!
  • Oh, you cynic Medders. Surely that sot of thing could never happen ........................
  • Nah course not... just me being stupid

;-)
  • And now the 'shock' annoucement that he's being withdrawn from Afghanistan....
  • good luck to the lad. his dad should be proud....
  • He is only being withdrawn as they think the Yanks might now get him with friendly fire.
  • edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]good luck to the lad. his dad should be proud....
    dunno what you mean...lol
  • Have no real interest in the Royals and was shocked that this story got something like the first 20 mins of the 10 pm BBC news when normally a death of an "ordinary" British soldjer gets a few seconds.

He's a young man who is in the Army. He goes out and gets drunk like many young men and young soldiers. Not a big deal in my eyes.

He also gets sent to dangerous places to do his job. Wherever that is he and the other soldiers are putting themselves at risk and for that all of them should be praised and thanked.

Hope they all come home safe and sound.
  • "Cry God, Harry,England and St George "

Sorry for any offence with the mentioning of England and St George !

Am i bollo*
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Makes me wonder how setup this is. Send him out there for a few weeks (ten? yeah right) then 'leak' the story through some obscure American website... Prince Harry then has to come home due to the increased risk to him and his company. Harry arrives home a hero and the Royal family are suddenly great again...

Hmmmmm

excatly....and the Sun just by chance managed to have a whole photo album of him ready to go in this mornings paper.
  • Yes much better to run pictures of "torture victims of the British Army" or storys of torture with out checking first that they are real and not fake (daily Mirror) or ignor the fact the The international Red Cross has investigated and detemined "No case to answer" --- BBC.

Harry is a soldier , he wanted to go. the army gets lots of pictures so do the press. Dont see th big deal really. rather have him doing that than some of the "juniour Royals" shlepping about doing f all.

The Suns headline " Harry killed 30 Taliban" will get him killed though. Shot buy " a home grown terrorist" whatever the f**k that is.
  • i like your posts goonerhater but if you think harry has been in fighting out there your wearing blinkers,like andrew before him hes done nothing of the sort,and now there going to pull him out,what solider gets pulled out before hes tours finished.
  • Private Ryan did nolly!
  • many soldiers dont actually "fight". any Brit soldies in Afghanistan is a target.
  • On his cap it said "We do bad things to bad people"

Macho macho man - i wanna be a macho man!
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]On his cap it said "We do bad things to bad people"

Macho macho man - i wanna be a macho man!

That was fair enough. It was the flag on the front of the cap that worried me. His great, great, great, great, great, great great grandfather Georgie 3 must have been spinning in his grave. ; - )
  • Well done Harry, pity we can't send out the rest of your age group to learn the meaning of comradeship, responsibilty and having some bollox - instead of hiding in their fooking hoods waiting for easy pickings with their just-as-hard mates - caaaants, the lot of them.