Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Burnley, Turd Moor.11 March 2008.

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
Now then, who is doing this one?

Me for one.

Go on - you know you want to

Comments

• Last time I went to Burnley it was a Tuesday night and I got up there only to find the game had been called off due to a waterlogged pitch.

I vowed then - "never again"
  • Was that the 1994-1995 season?

That was rotten luck.

Crap season that was.
  • Done Burnley midweek a couple of times including the waterlogged pitch one,don't think i'll be doing that one this time round.
  • went up for water lgged pitch one ended up at Preston then went up for re-arranged one (cant believe the club didn't lay on free travel for the people who went up originally) only to find out we forgot to book the coach.We got to Bexleyheath and they didn't have any spaces so one of us had to drive.I won't be partaking in this one.
  • I think Pardew might be writing something in his programme notes about this turnout.
  • Last time I went to Burnley was the midweek re-arranged game in 1994/95 seson. I think we lost. When we got back to the car park some b*****d had put a brick through one of my rear windows. It was a very cold drive home that night. Never again!!
  • Never been to Turf Moor so I'm going to this.
  • [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]I think Pardew might be writing something in his programme notes about this turnout.

do you think it'll be a slightly poor one then?? 3-400 imo
  • never been.but i'll do it next season though...
  • It isn't a very friendly place to go be warned and I would suggest the local boozers are given a swerve.
  • Sponsored links:

• especially the ones highlighted by pwoper nwaughty on Bravo

unless that is you are a like minded individual but be warned proper hard bstds
  • re the postponed match.
    4 of us drove up (me, morts genius, cheeseroll and oohaah?) had nowhere to stay. only place could get was room only above a pub not far from ground. when the game was called off was too pissed to drive back so decided to stay anyway.
    few more beers decided to go to the ground to have a moan (like they were gonna change their mind and play it). fair play to the steward bloke at turf moor who led us through the tunnel onto the pitch to see for ourselves the pond that was the pitch and promised freebies for the re-arranged game.
    went for a ruby, back to pub where the stand-in landlord kicked all the locals out at 11, opened the pool table and juke box and said help yourself to drinks, just leave a few quid on the bar.
    we duely obliged and got even more drunk. i was awoken by the pubs rottweiller, kindly let into our room by morts genius whilst searching for the toilet. overall a good away day without charlton spoiling it.
    didn't go to the rearranged game, but those that did got the freebies from the steward.
    will be making the trip on 11th (back12th), may have room for 1, maybe 2 in car.
  • great story PBS.

I can remember at the rearranged one we went into a chippy and mate says to the girl behind the counter 'what pies you got love'. She then huffed, and in a real broad accent reeled off about 42 different pie combinations in about 20 seconds (meat pie, meat & potato pie, potato pie, steak pie, steak & onion pie, steak & kidney pie, steak & potato pie etc etc).

When she finished, we just all stood there speechless for about 10 seconds, then my mate went 'sorry love, can you repeat that'

Remember at the game as well, people chanting at the end for Billy Bonds as manager. Think it was NSS leading it :-)
  • I think you are probably right,what a crap game that was.
  • [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]re the postponed match.
    4 of us drove up (me, morts genius, cheeseroll and oohaah?)

wasn't me , i thought it would be called off;-)
  • Great stories...nah not going, my recent history in away games hasnt been good reading P3 W 0 D 1 L 2 1pt.
    So, you'll all be happy to read that Im not now going to Sheffield...

:-)
  • I'm going..... honestly.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]re the postponed match.
    4 of us drove up (me, morts genius, cheeseroll and oohaah?)

wasn't me , i thought it would be called off;-)

may have been morts genius's mate chandler.
  • Sisters birthday, not got a chance of going.
  • having this one
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2008
    I've been to Burnley twice. First time we drew 4-4 after being 4-1 up with 10 mins to go. The second time was when we lost 7-1 in the Alan Simonsen era. I think this is the match where he almost refused to play because he hadn't been paid...or something like that.