Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sinclair IN, McLeod OUT

13»

Comments

• Options
    I like the look of Cook but Im not sure he is right for a start at Bramall Lane.

At least Mr Pardew has some options and he keeps telling us that he has been strong in the latter stages of a season. I just hope we make a fight of it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]the reason people are more patient with gray is imo cos he looks like a footballer with ability and the reason people don't rate mcleod is cos he just doesn't appear to have any ability , all he has is pace.. i'm with nss in that i haven't heard any booos for mcleod ... still maybe pards sees it the same as me and will realise soon that players can be made to look better than they really are on youtube

That's rubbish, of course he has ability. You don't score the amount of goals that he has without being half decent.
  • Options
    ok BDL i should have said mcleod hasn't enough ability to play at the higher level of championship football and that's imo which could be rubbish
  • Options
    Andy Jones scored shite loads for Port Vale but couldn't cut it at a higher level.McCleod has done his scoring in let's give it it's proper name the 4th division.As yet he hasn't been able to do it at again proper name 2nd division.That's not saying he won't a loan move may help his confidence,but it looks like Pards is admitting a mistake and trying to offload.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite],but it looks like Pards is admitting a mistake and trying to offload.

Ha, Hell will freeze over First before he'd ever admit to a mistake :-)
  • Options
    what mcloed undoubtedly has is pace.
    anyone with pace will cause problems and create chances. the lower the league you play in, the more chances you will create and score.
    generally the higher standard you play,the better coaches you come across and you can be taught how to time runs better, take up better positions and take opposition players out of spaces for others to run into. this is something that varney is now benefitting from (not a dig a dario grady).
    (imo) mcloed does not look like a composed, natural goalscorer and that is something you cannot teach.

saying that, i've been wrong on more than one occasion after seeing players for only a dozen or so games, and would love izzy to make me eat my words (as long as he is still with us).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]ok BDL i should have said mcleod hasn't enough ability to play at the higher level of championship football and that's imo which could be rubbish

You've already assessed him in your own mind and that's fair enough. My view is that I don't think his level of ability can really be judged until he's been given a run in the side. I don't consider 2 starts as a run in the side.

When he played up top with Varney, I thought he looked ok. Pards disagreed and bought Grey. Maybe he is not giving enough in training or there is some other problem as to why he isn't getting picked, I just don't agree that he can be written off as not good enough on what we have seen.

If he goes on loan and is crap, maybe your assessment is right, if he scores for fun, then maybe I am right. Time will tell.
  • Options
    The fans are generally never far wrong and to be honest I think that most posts on here support Izale more than perhaps you would expect. I hope we do keep him. I for one have seen enough to make me think he might come good. Not sure about ever doing it in the Prem though ?