Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

SEE YESTERDAY'S GOALS AND HENDO'S PENALTY SAVE HERE!

Get in!

Comments

• vffvff
    edited April 2015
    Excellent work @plentyofshots, the angle shows how good the penalty save was. I can't remember a better quality penalty save at the Valley. Also as to how good JBK's pass was and lovely sweet finish from Watt. The goalkeeper didn't really need to foul Vetekele though, with the impressive Austin, Leeds 4 covering. Definitely the back up keeper. Excellent penalty as always from Buyens.

• Great save but you immediately thinking of Deano's against Arsenal.
  • Quality finish by watt. Lucky Leeds didn't get to retake the pen after one of our players ran in the box before he even took it.
  • vff said:

Excellent work @plentyofshots, the angle shows how good the penalty save was. I can't remember a better quality penalty save at the Valley. Also as to how good JBK's pass was and lovely sweet finish from Watt. The goalkeeper didn't really need to foul Vetekele though, with the impressive Austin, Leeds 4 covering. Definitely the back up keeper. Excellent penalty as always from Buyens.

Doubt the keeper even saw Igor coming, Igor was that quick.
  • edited April 2015

Quality finish by watt. Lucky Leeds didn't get to retake the pen after one of our players ran in the box before he even took it.

That was Fox, lucky boy because having lost Morrison for their goal and found row K in the Lower West with a simple ten yard pass second half not to mention his inability to mark his man that would have made his day. Give me Wiggins now he's fit again.
  • Comms team said Fox had a very good game and was probably worth his place over Wiggins.
  • edited April 2015

Comms team said Fox had a very good game and was probably worth his place over Wiggins.

Couldn't have been at the same game as me then, look he's done better of late and been ok as a deputy but as @Southendaddick said on the post match thread and I have to agree with him 'Fox is in the Sturgess/Stuart level rather than the Minto/Barness level of home grown left backs for me'. Assuming he had no adverse reaction after the Bolton game Wiggins should have started and Holmes-Dennis is a better long term prospect IMO.
  • vffvff
    edited April 2015
    I think that sometimes Fox receives some harsh criticism. He can misplace a pass but so can the rest of the players in the team. His defending is solid enough and he put in some good crosses yesterday. I guess it can depend on what part of the ground you sit in as to which good / indifferent bits you see. It is great that in the team we have Gomez, Cousins and Fox and as Charlton supporters, it is good to be supportive, which helps confidence. The fact that there are other clubs interested in him shows that he has definite potential.
  • edited April 2015
    vff said:

I think that sometimes Fox receives some harsh criticism. He can misplace a pass but so can the rest of the players in the team. His defending is solid enough and he put in some good crosses yesterday. I guess it can depend on what part of the ground you sit in as to which good / indifferent bits you see. It is great that in the team we have Gomez, Cousins and Fox and as Charlton supporters, it is good to be supportive, which helps confidence. The fact that there are other clubs interested in him shows that he has definite potential.

I've nothing against the lad and he has done a job as a converted CB but he sadly lacks the ability required of full backs these days to provide an attacking threat. On the plus side he provides extra height at set plays both for and against and his crossing is improving but his first thought when receiving the ball wide is either a sideways or backward pass and the momentum is lost. Defensively, which is not unnatural for a CB, he is not comfortable one on one, tucks in and prefers to give the winger an extra ten yards. Don't sell him keep him by all means and maybe would better used as one of the four CBs we are going to need next season.
  • I love the way the ballboy behind the goal runs in celebration of TW's equaliser.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great save by Hendo. Was by no means a poor penalty. We got a bit lucky it wasn't re-taken though, Fox encroaches into the box quite a long way which helps him be first on the scene finish the job by clearing the ball out of the box.

Sounds like we didn't play great but kept going to the end and found a moment of quality from JoBerg and Watt to turn the game and then won it with another ice cool Yoni penalty.

You know what they say about sides that play poorly and win. Things look fairly positive for next season, although work needed in the summer to push us on. If we can hold onto the spine of the team (Hendo, Gomez, Cousins and Watt) and our creative sparks (JoBerg and Bulot) and add just a bit more depth and options in the squad, especially up front, it should help us to be more consistent. If we can add enough that we can rest players like Watt, JoBerg etc occasionally and still win (without having to bring them off the bench) then a serious tilt at the playoffs should be on the cards.
  • Hasn't Fox always been a LB? I thought it was Lennon who was the CB turned LB.
  • Hasn't Fox always been a LB? I thought it was Lennon who was the CB turned LB.

I think you'll find he was mainly a CB on his progression through the academy from what I watched of him but no doubt @dickplumb will be able to confirm.

Was called a left back/centre back when in the u18s but I'm not sure he's played centrally that often, at least not in the last few years.
  • RedChaser said:

Hasn't Fox always been a LB? I thought it was Lennon who was the CB turned LB.

I think you'll find he was mainly a CB on his progression through the academy from what I watched of him but no doubt @dickplumb will be able to confirm.
    He started out as a left sided Centre Half for quite a while. Was then converted to a left back. Morgan Fox is steady, always gives 100 per cent and is a useful option in the air. The downside is he is lacking in pace and is not as good going forward as Holmes- Dennis or Wiggins. But he gets some unfair criticism on here, he has a good temperament and will not let anybody down.
  • Great save but you immediately thinking of Deano's against Arsenal.

Don't tell me what I'm doing