Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Good luck Iain Liddle

I know its been mentioned on another thread but I thought he deserved his own.

Iain, Head of Communications, is stepping down at the end of this season.

I've had the pleasure of working with him, in particular on the excellent remembrance day issue of the programme last November.

It can't have been easy what with other staff leaving and having an almost revolving door of owners, managers and players to deal with but Iain stuck with it and produced a quality programme as well as videos and social media comms.

Good luck in whatever you move on to, Iain.

Comments

• First with Jimmy and now Iain, I really hope the great stuff does not stop, love our twitter account and other stuff

Echo this, we seem to have (had) a really good comms team and hope it continues
  • edited April 2015
    Is there a vacancy? :-)

Good luck to Iain, have always enjoyed his work on the website and in the programmes. I think he has posted here occasionally also.
  • Does any one else keep reading the title of this thread and think it's about Chuck Liddell? Or am I the only thick one.....

Good luck Iain anyway
  • brogib said:

Does any one else keep reading the title of this thread and think it's about Chuck Liddell? Or am I the only thick one.....

Good luck Iain anyway

You :smiley:
  • Just popping my head in here to thank everyone above for their kind words.

I've been overwhelmed by the warmth from people online and in person since I announced I was leaving Charlton and as some will know yesterday was my last day as an employee.

While I'm not a lifelong fan, and it has been an eventful three and something years with several very testing times, I've encountered countless examples along the way of what makes this such a special club.

I feel incredibly fortunate to have worked for Charlton, had the chance to meet so many passionate, inspiring and positive people - many of whom I hope to keep in touch with - and I'll honestly leave with a large number of fantastic memories.

It will always hold a special place for me and I wish everyone all the best for the future. I'm absolutely fascinated to see what happens next season and will be back at The Valley whenever I can.

Good luck in the future
    you have done some brilliant work over the years
  • All the best Iain
  • Sponsored links:

• From one Iain to another, best of luck in the future! :-)
  • Good luck Iain.
  • From one Iain to another, best of luck in the future! :-)

Same from another Iain.
  • I am not an Iain I am a Dick but good luck in whatever you do.
  • All the best Iain
  • Good luck Iain , and thanks for your help . Appreciate it was not always easy to deal with some of the requets's, but you and the team always acted professionally.
  • Good luck from an Ian and thanks for all your help. Finally got the cup back from Diego Poyet on Saturday !!
  • Off to join Twitter - good luck Iain!

Thrilled to welcome @IainLiddle to @TwitterUK as News & Sport Assoc. Partnerships Mgr. (He's not bad at Tweeting: https://t.co/NCRT8DjpPW)

— Joanna Geary (@JoannaUK) May 5, 2015
  • Good luck from an Ian and thanks for all your help. Finally got the cup back from Diego Poyet on Saturday !!

Did he have anything to say ?