Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Four 2nd year scholars sign pro deals

Congrats to Joshua Umerah, Brandon Hanlan, Regain Charles - Cook and Alex Kelly on getting their first pro deals.

Eight U16s will be training full time next year.

Comments

• Any idea who got released?
  • Cumberbatch, Munns, Browne, Osborne, Gerard. I don't know about Sho Silva.
  • Was talking to Regan Cooks dad yesterday at the under 18's. Cooks brother Anthony place for Bromley so they had a result yesterday, his other brother it's on the bench for Coventry and is their reserve goalkeeper. There were two kids with him watching the under 18's as well yesterday and when I asked him how many kids he had he said he had six boys! For 2 to have made it to professional level and another one just getting promoted to the conference you have to say he must have some good genes
  • Good luck to each of those released. Must be tough and hope they find themselves other clubs at the best level for them.

As for the 4 who have signed contracts...look at Fox, Cousins and Gomez and replicate please chaps!
  • Shame about Cumberbatch. I thought he was Damn good as "Sherlock"!
  • Swisdom said:

Was talking to Regan Cooks dad yesterday at the under 18's. Cooks brother Anthony place for Bromley so they had a result yesterday, his other brother it's on the bench for Coventry and is their reserve goalkeeper. There were two kids with him watching the under 18's as well yesterday and when I asked him how many kids he had he said he had six boys! For 2 to have made it to professional level and another one just getting promoted to the conference you have to say he must have some good genes

And some loose boxer shorts!
  • dickplumb said:

Cumberbatch, Munns, Browne, Osborne, Gerard. I don't know about Sho Silva.

Best wishes to them all, I hope that their dream comes true, maybe not with us but somewhere
  • Shame about Harry Gerard as well... Wasnt he a good starter when he first came into the U21s but then couldnt quite kick on and make the step up?
  • I saw Munns a couple of times and thought he dominated midfield on both occasions. Was this not the norm or did he fail the Charlton Life height test?
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

Was talking to Regan Cooks dad yesterday at the under 18's. Cooks brother Anthony place for Bromley so they had a result yesterday, his other brother it's on the bench for Coventry and is their reserve goalkeeper. There were two kids with him watching the under 18's as well yesterday and when I asked him how many kids he had he said he had six boys! For 2 to have made it to professional level and another one just getting promoted to the conference you have to say he must have some good genes

Decent 5 a side team as well.
  • Aiden any relation to Harry?
  • Is Barnes the RB on a contract already?
  • Is Barnes the RB on a contract already?

Yes
  • Aiden prail not pell
  • Stig said:

I saw Munns a couple of times and thought he dominated midfield on both occasions. Was this not the norm or did he fail the Charlton Life height test?

He looked a different quality in a number of games I saw him play.

Great close control, superb engine, could tackle and pick a pass.

Also, very hard working in training.

The problem was, and always will be, his height.

He didn't make it at Spurs, he didn't make it with us.

What team will pick a midfielder who will never win a header unless it's against a team of Hobbits?

A great shame, because apart from physically, he's a good'un...
  • I wondered what had happened to Sho Silva. I didn't realise he'd be out all season with an achilles injury.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/u21s-report-charlton-2-crystal-palace-2-2416334.aspx
  • Regan Charles Cook was once again the standout player for us today. Great close ball control, never once lost possession. Definitely one for the future imo. Just hope he can grow a little as currently just about passes the CL height test.