Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

50th Birthday suggestions

I hit 50 later this year in August, usually just before the first weekend of the new season*. I'm having a party, but have been asked what I want. Apart from things like CDs (showing my age I know) or books which I never have time to read, I'm a bit stumped. Someone I know suggested I think about experiences as they did a day as a zookeeper for theirs. I've drawn a blank on this - well, ideas within the bounds of decency anyway.

I wondered if anyone here could share anything they've done or enjoyed? Money/time/kids means I'm likely to be limited to UK, which again is a shame as there are loads of things I'd like to do if money was no object (learn to scuba dive on a coral reef is something I wouldn't mind doing for example). I suppose I'm looking for some ideas a bit out of the ordinary.

* should the first game be at home that's another idea, but my partner and son aren't into football at present.

Comments

• Tandem sky dive.
  • Fancy dress party
  • brogib said:

Fancy dress party

Hawaiian shirts.
  • Just announce that there is free booze and where it is and plenty of Lifers will be there
  • brogib said:

Fancy dress party

Hawaiian shirts.
    I'm wondering if you know me...

• A night in The Long Pond always goes down well.
    I'm 50 this year too and that's what I'll be doing.
  • OK tandem sky dive into the Long Pond.
  • Sky dive into long pond in fancy dress
  • edited April 2015
    rananegra said:

brogib said:

Fancy dress party

Hawaiian shirts.
    I'm wondering if you know me...

Don't think so, just going along the lines of Hawaii 5 0.
  • Got to be a weekend in Amsterdam with the lads hasn't it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Got to be a weekend in Amsterdam with the lads hasn't it?

In fancy dress
  • For my 50th party I made a list of 51 records, one for each year I'd been alive in. It started out with Pretty Woman which was number 1 when I was born and went forward through the years. Some were picked because they had special memories for me others because they were my favourite track of the year. To make things varied, also tougher on myself, no artist was included more than once. I also got incredibly pissed, I bet no-one else thinks of that!
  • Track day round Brands Hatch?

If You play golf then a 1 night 2 rounder package with your crew

Hot air balloon?

Hot air balloon?

All in fancy dress

(Mind you, golfers do their sport in fancy dress any way!)

; )
  • Bit of clay pigeon shooting is a good day out, just don't tell AUN or Ian with 2 i's though! Poor clays ; ))
  • Garden vouchers. At 50 you need a more sedate hobby. Buy a nice shrub (not a tree) you should live long enough to see it into maturity.
    And get really hammered, you won’t get too many more opportunities to do it quite as well again.

That is what I did.

Hot air balloon?

I did the Brands Hatch Rally experience for my 50th, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hot air balloon?

I did the Brands Hatch Rally experience for my 50th, thoroughly enjoyed it.
    I'm doing the Fantastic Four package there in June - Ferrari 360, Aston Martin, Lambo and a Porsche 911. Should be good!
  • This won't be much help but I'd plump for something that doesn't mean you could end up in intensive care
  • you, the mrs, a guest of your choice and a room in the travel lodge.
  • Sponsored links:

• My father in law done the sky diving in a wind tunnel thingy for his 65th or an adults only weekend at butlins
  • Cocaine, Hookers and Midgets always go down well in our house.
  • Easy for the midgets to go down they're pretty much already there.
  • get your partner to draw up a brochure listing various "pursuits" which have to be completed within a reasonable timeframe.

she can call it "50 Shades of Filth".