Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Worst thing about when Charlton lose ?

If its at home then its the long walk back up Charlton Lane which seems ten times longer and steeper than when we lose.

Comments

• If its home it is the drive from busby way and up the A12 normally followed ofr following the nthn team that has just beaten us.

Once got hit up the arse in the blackwall tunnel by blackburn fan after elks last min winner and seeing as it was minimal damage wished him well on his way and to 4get about it only for the reversing sensors to pack up a day later never did tell er in doors
  • The fact I dont want to get on it so much :o(
  • The fact i cant get on it as much due to the drive home.

but that goes for winning as well
  • To be honest, having to read exaggerated moans on here :-(
  • Ahhhh beat me to it AFKA, to be honest it puts me in a right evil mood. For some reason this season has been slightly different in the sense that I have not been getting as wound up as I have in previous years.

The negativity from our own fans is probably the thing that gets on my nerves most now.
  • the sunday papers....I look forward to reading them when we win !
  • Gets on my nerves that some moan even when we win.

didnt win nicely enough

The win was more by luck than pardews mgmt

If the game would have gone on an xtra 5 mins we would have lost.

Moan moan moan moan moan
  • Probably the p*ss taking from my football teammates Sunday morning, they only ever ask me if I went if we lost, I'm sure they do it on purpose.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]If its at home then its the long walk back up Charlton Lane which seems ten times longer and steeper than when we lose.

I'm with you Guru, a long trudge up to Blackheath Standard that seems never ending when we lose.

It starts off at the Valley surrounded by lots of other supporters but gradually they disappear down various side roads until I'm left on my own, with the right hump.
  • Buying a programme and looking forward to reading it only to be so fecked off that I dont pick it up again.
  • Sponsored links:

• knowing that if only Gibbs had been playing we would have never lost.
  • Who is Gibbs ?
  • Only the reason we aren't 9 points clear at the top of the table. With him in the side we'd have walked this division.
  • edited February 2008
    oops misread thread..
  • Having to listen to my Dad moaning about how we DOOOOMED to relegation, worst team ever, load of old rubbish BLAH BLAH BLAH whether he went or not - and then if I DARE to have a moan myself for him to tell me that he's been supporting Charlton for 5000 years and I should think myself lucky as the last ten years have been the best ever.

Good thing though is that I don't worry about trying to remember when the ITV football programme is on on Sunday morning as I have no desire to relive it and just stay in bed instead.
  • Is it me or do the papers only report on Charlton when they loose or when they win by +4 goals (which is very rare) ?
  • It's all the plastic fans at work who ask how we got on knowing full well we lost - gets right up my goat.
  • is that you just know its going to happen again.....
  • [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]It's all the plastic fans at work who ask how we got on knowing full well we lost - gets right up my goat.
    Same here, especially as he's a Palace fan.
  • it hurts bigtime when we lose but i can take a defeat against arsenal man utd etc a lot easier than a defeat against colchester, blackpool etc
  • Sponsored links:

• It hurts most losing to teams you know you should beat. Especially when i know that if I d been playing ,I d have got on the end of that cross, blocked that shot, headed that one off the line.......
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite] but i can take a defeat against arsenal man utd etc a lot easier than a defeat against colchester, blackpool etc

That's the same billy big bollocks attitude the Man U and Arse "fans" have towards us when we beat them.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]To be honest, having to read exaggerated moans on here :-([/quote]

100% bang on AFKA. Nothing depresses me more than coming on here after a loss and seeing all the "Pards Out" and "We need a new owner" shite that people reflexively come out with.
  • edited February 2008
    If this board had existed in '57 it would have been intresting to read the complaints about how we left it too late against Huddersfield.

That johnny Summers I am not sure about him.

We should have got ahead earlier, etc....

Though I do moan.....too.
  • there moaning and then there is ....................well you all know who you are shite man you must be very unhappy about everything
  • [cite]Posted By: Wilma[/cite]Having to listen to my Dad moaning

win, lose, or draw, by far the worst part of my football days!
  • [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]If this board had existed in '57 it would have been intresting to read the complaints about how we left it too late against Huddersfield.
    That johnny Summers I am not sure about him.
    We should have got ahead earlier, etc....
    Though I do moan.....too.

yep but there would be all those saying how much more exciting it is in division 2 than division 1 and the club had gone stale under jimmy seed and give jimmy trotter time he'll get us back up there and it's all overrated top flight football we've got new grounds to go to.... but also huddersfield brought more to us than we would to them but that's cos they all live in london blah blah blah;-)