Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Don't know whether he is or not, but if Jackson is to move on this summer....

I really hope its announced ahead the Bournemouth game, and we as fans get the chance to ensure he gets a great send off.

In all his time here he hasn't at any stage been the best player in the team, but i think he has been an almighty great captain, and someone who has really connected with the fans. There has been some real ups and downs over the last few years, and Jacko has been a real positive throughout it.

Comments

• I cant argue with any of that.
    If he does go (and I think he should) I hope he comes back in a coaching capacity.
  • An acquaintance of mine who knows him thinks he's on his way out
  • Brilliant for us. In the last couple of seasons we've had some real low points where we were staring back into League One and he always led by example to drag us out. Hope he stays on in some capacity
  • edited April 2015
    After Peeters left and two of the coaches, would there not be a place for Johnny straight away in coaching ?
    The championship is too fast now for JJ. I knew Colin would be right one day.(you were two years too early)
    I really don't want Jackson to go on too long. Remember our first goalscorer back at the valley, who played a couple of seasons too long and Gobby folk thought they were being clever by pointing this out at the games.

When Cafc looked like imploding, it was JJ who said the right things and made the fans realise that Guy Luzon did know what he was doing.
  • edited April 2015
    Would be good to give him a send off if he is going this season.

He has been a brilliant player and captain for us and in an age where players can be removed from the fans JJ has been a breath of fresh air that seems to have a bond with the club and fans. The buying of drinks for fans on the train home from Exeter is an example of this.

One of the things that has been sad for me over the last 12 months is how it seems to almost been forgotten how good he was for us in the League 1 winning team and parts of the championship. I still think he could do a job for us from the bench next year.
  • Could be our next Alex Ferguson when GL gets the sack in a few months time. He will make a good manager if that is what he wants to do IMO.
  • got a lot of man love for Jacko, absolute class and has never let us down, best skipper since Kinsella and I'd love him to be involved in the club in some capacity or another, whether that's in a couple of years if he still feels he can play on for a bit, then I hope we leave the door open for him.

He's be a superb signing for a top L1 club.

totally agree that if it's known he's going then it's announced prior to the last game and he plays some part in that game if he's fit.

listening to him on talksport and watching him on SSN the other day he could also carve out a decent media career if he wanted to
  • Kap10 said:

My favourite moment of Jacko was the Oldham abandoned game, during the pitch inspection while Oldham players were sweeping the water off the pitch he was emptying a water bottle on it .. for those that don't recall we were 3-1 down a the time.

that was superb, my favourite moment too (along with both goals against the Sheffield clubs and the QPR one!)
  • edited April 2015
    Kap10 said:

My favourite moment of Jacko was the Doncaster abandoned game, during the pitch inspection while Doncaster players were sweeping the water off the pitch he was emptying a water bottle on it .. for those that don't recall we were 3-1 down a the time.

:smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• with a year on his contract I can't see him going. Bench warming and some coaching next season methinks.
  • Kap10 said:

My favourite moment of Jacko was the Oldham abandoned game, during the pitch inspection while Oldham players were sweeping the water off the pitch he was emptying a water bottle on it .. for those that don't recall we were 3-1 down a the time.

Mine too. Brilliant!
  • Well said AFKA. Hate it when well respected, much admired Charlton players are let go in the summer without the chance for us to show our appreciation.
  • Kap10 said:

Lol that was superb
  • An acquaintance of mine who knows him thinks he's on his way out

Theres a couple of hundred people on here whove been saying that for 3 seasons and then pops up with a great performance and it goes quiet again for a little while.

Great Captain, great character, well above average player, scorer of important goals and most of all great banter on twitter.

He wiould leave a hole in the club which im hoping the new young blood can fill.

• Kap10 said:

My favourite moment of Jacko was the Doncaster abandoned game, during the pitch inspection while Doncaster players were sweeping the water off the pitch he was emptying a water bottle on it .. for those that don't recall we were 3-1 down a the time.

:smile:
    if only i could flag my self ..

Ps don't do it on my behalf
  • and he deserves a proper 'one Johnnie Jackson' and not some sh*tty Heartbeat sh*te
  • Sod him, I'll be cheering for Yann
  • Personally I've never been his biggest supporter in terms of footballing ability and did advocate that he have a reduced role after the end of the first season back in the championship.

That sounds completely crazy given his goal scoring record and his leadership at the club throughout the time he has been here. Without wanting to go over old ground and it not being in the spirit of this thread, my main reasons were that the whole team had to accommodate him to the detriment of our general play, but I've gone over that numerous times on other threads.

What I will say is that I am 100% with AFKA on giving him the send off he deserves, if he is to go in the summer. Almost 50 goals from midfield is a fantastic record. His leadership after the Powell departure last season was critical, I think we could've been in League One had it not been for his actions.

I also want him to leave with us remembering the real highs. If he were around another season I don't think it would be to his benefit, plus our progression on the pitch.
  • Sentimental old git I may be but I'd love to see him stay longenough to complete 200 appearances and 50 goals.
  • Sponsored links:

• He's blooming hard to beat on words with friends!
  • I'd love to see him come on v Bournemouth and score a late winning goal, do a bit of a last CP appearance