Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAFC vs Bournemouth | Sat 2nd May 2015 | 12:15pm Kick-Off | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• edited April 2015
    Predictions for Saturday:

"Simon Francis; he ain't got a clue" Comedy gold with extra irony topping.
    "Should of stayed at the Bournemouth" To Rhoys (from their fans not ours !)
    "should of stayed at the Charlton" To Francis or Yann or Arter. Comedy gold.
    "Your ground too big for you" we should get this one in first.
    "where were you, when you were shit"
    "Does your carer know you are here"
    "Here for the Charlton, your only here for the charlton"
    "what its like to be upstairs"
    "Going down with the Palace" Crystal ball from CAFC fans.

Football will die when there's no more banter.
    The only C word that should ever be heard at the valley is:

We are the CHAMPIONS (From the home Fans)

• Think we might nick this one in the second-half as news comes through from Vicarage Road that Watford are comfortably ahead of Sheff Weds and Bmouth give up a little having been on the p*ss most of this week. 2-1 to us...
  • I predict Yann will be thrown a beret as he forgets he now plays for the Cherries and scores a last day of the season wonder goal for us.
  • Very likely to be another draw unless Watford are losing, anyway great preview as usual and hopefully a few goals, 2-2.
  • I reckon we will win this, as Bournemouth have the classic "dip after a massive emotional (and alcohol) high". Their players won't want to pick up any suspensions either, ruling them out of the first game of next season.
  • Good work Stubley, and good luck with your degree.

I'll be glad to see the back of this season, for me it's been boring, harrowing and frustrating in equal measure, although the last couple of months have provided grounds for some optimism.

A decent game to finish the season, 2-2.
  • Rossman92 said:

@cafcnick1992 I've been here through it all. Not been on holiday, although that sounds nice. Wouldn't it be nice to be that flexible? Not an ostrich but I've heard they have good eggs. Not sure why your calling me stupid, presumably either for saying this season was exciting, or the 19 goal thriller for Churchy. In MY opinion I've really enjoyed this season, a fast start, a slow festive period, a winless run, a sacking, the arrival of Mr. Luzon and TWWW, a good run to keep us safe in the championship, and now despite a bit of a slow end to the season, a positive outlook for the offseason. The season has been fucking hectic, shit it was all over the place, but what about it was not exciting? I don't deny the football wasn't shite at times but the whole year was unpredictable, and that's what I enjoy about football. We're all entitled to our opinion and I'd like to be able to express mine without bullshit like this

Rossman you've got me all wrong here. It was just in light of Nigel Pearson's bizzare interview yesterday!!
  • Rossman92 said:

@cafcnick1992 I've been here through it all. Not been on holiday, although that sounds nice. Wouldn't it be nice to be that flexible? Not an ostrich but I've heard they have good eggs. Not sure why your calling me stupid, presumably either for saying this season was exciting, or the 19 goal thriller for Churchy. In MY opinion I've really enjoyed this season, a fast start, a slow festive period, a winless run, a sacking, the arrival of Mr. Luzon and TWWW, a good run to keep us safe in the championship, and now despite a bit of a slow end to the season, a positive outlook for the offseason. The season has been fucking hectic, shit it was all over the place, but what about it was not exciting? I don't deny the football wasn't shite at times but the whole year was unpredictable, and that's what I enjoy about football. We're all entitled to our opinion and I'd like to be able to express mine without bullshit like this

Rossman you've got me all wrong here. It was just in light of Nigel Pearson's bizzare interview yesterday!!
    @cafcnick1992

I believe that @Rossman92 lives in the US, so would not have been aware of the latest Pearson meltdown.

A bit of trans-Atlantic misunderstanding here boys. Time for hands across the ocean, "you're our greatest ally" rhetoric etc, bonding.
  • edited April 2015

Rossman92 said:

My deepest apologies Nick, I haven't had the chance to read or watch it yet so was unaware of his comments
  • 1-0 home and Boro to win 19-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheers CE
  • edited April 2015
    I think we see struggles of late as neither striker had been dropping deep to receive the ball! I know neither of them are suited to this but attempts must be made otherwise we're going to struggle! So I'd either play a youth striker in this role (where is Pigott? With us or on loan?) Or we can play Chris Eagles in a CAM role and give him a last chance to impress for a contract! I'd have Watt up top and Igor on the bench! So rather than them both tiring at the same time we can replace one with the other.

................Watt
    Bulot Eagles Gudmundsson
    .......Cousins Buyens
    Wiggins Gomez Ben Haim Solly
    .................Henderson

Etheridge Fox Johnson Diarra Church igor Harriott
  • 8 subs eh, may work
  • ross1 said:

8 subs eh, may work

My bad edited now!
  • I am especially intrigued as to what HappyValley will predict this week.

Oh go on then, I can't really see it but comfortable home win 19-0.
  • Henderson

Ben Haim
    Gomez

Solly
    Buyens
    Cousins
    Bulot

Gudmundsson
    Vetokele
    Watt
    Harriott/ KAG / Church.

All out attack for the 19-0

• I do wonder what would happen to Bournemouth's tactics if we went 10-0 / 18-0 up and only needed a goal or two to give Middlesbrough the second automatic spot.

i.e. Would they have every defender available on the pitch and all stand on the goal line and jump when we try shooting
  • I do wonder what would happen to Bournemouth's tactics if we went 10-0 / 18-0 up and only needed a goal or two to give Middlesbrough the second automatic spot.

i.e. Would they have every defender available on the pitch and all stand on the goal line and jump when we try shooting

No. They would attack us and eventually equalise in the last minute!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2015

I do wonder what would happen to Bournemouth's tactics if we went 10-0 / 18-0 up and only needed a goal or two to give Middlesbrough the second automatic spot.

I can see it now

Charlton 19 (NINETEEN) Bournemouth 0
    Church 8
    Watt 4
    Vetokele 2
    Bulot 2
    Buyens (P) 1
    Johnson 1
    Francis (O.G.) 1
    You know this part of your comment... Charlton 19 (Nineteen) Bournemouth 0 was believable
    This part of your comment was not... Church 8 ... never gonna happen, Church is at least going to score 9 if he gets that high for his triple hat-trick ;)
  • Over 3.5 goals in the game looks a reasonable punt.

If we had 95 goals for the season in their position I'd want to go all out for the ton. May never get the chance again.
  • Both teams already on their holidays.

We're self catering in Bangor and they are 7 star all inclusive in Barbados.

2 or 3 nil to them and the sight of a lot of flag waving, balloons, silly hats etc.
  • . We only ever score 3 and Wiggins will score the winner in front of the Cherries fans having taken dogs abuse all game.

I fear that Wiggins (if he plays and I kinda hope he doesn't) will more likely play like the nervous, error strewn donkey that he has in every game he has started against Bournemouth since he joined us.

I'd like to think we are going to be up for this game and put one over on the Champions elect, but I rather think we are going to be stuffed, leaving me with the indignity of travelling home to Bournemouth surrounded by the gloating hordes.

The trouble is half our side don't know where the hell they will be playing next year and are probably keen to get the season over with.

It's been a weird season with many ups and downs, leaving me with a fragile optimism for the future that could be shattered by Roland's next move.
    (Happy sod aren't I?)

1-5

I always wondered about that tactic. if every player just stood on the goal line. some on each others shoulders and just block every shot. in the cup and we go 1 up on Chelsea and see how 'tactical mastermind' Mournio gets out of that one

I always wondered about that tactic. if every player just stood on the goal line. some on each others shoulders and just block every shot. in the cup and we go 1 up on Chelsea and see how 'tactical mastermind' Mournio gets out of that one
    Or someone runs with the ball whilst all the other players form an impenetrable ring around him! Guaranteed to get you within shooting distance.. can't tackle without fist fouling one of the players in the ring...
  • I think we see struggles of late as neither striker had been dropping deep to receive the ball! I know neither of them are suited to this but attempts must be made otherwise we're going to struggle! So I'd either play a youth striker in this role (where is Pigott? With us or on loan?) Or we can play Chris Eagles in a CAM role and give him a last chance to impress for a contract! I'd have Watt up top and Igor on the bench! So rather than them both tiring at the same time we can replace one with the other.

................Watt
    Bulot Eagles Gudmundsson
    .......Cousins Buyens
    Wiggins Gomez Ben Haim Solly
    .................Henderson

Etheridge Fox Johnson Diarra Church igor Harriott

Sadly, young Jordan will be watching from the sidelines after a hamstring problem at Birmingham.

• edited May 2015
    Would love to finish the season with a win - I'm sure it would help to set us up for the next. Also got a tenner riding on us finishing top half... Heart says we'll win 2-1, head says we'll lose 0-3...especially as Eddie Howe says he'd like to try and win the Championship. If Watford are 3-0 up at half time - we might have a chance ( and that would help towards a top half finish too).