Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sky live games Saturday

Sky are showing Blackburn v Ipswich and Derby v Reading games live on Saturday, but will show any championship goals as they happen on SSN

Comments

• I notice that they're going for the Play-Off angle rather than the Champions

Really surprised though that they're not showing Wolves v Millwall and Brentford v (?)... these two have to win to stand a chance of getting into the Play-Offs whilst Ipswich and Derby only have to draw their matches, surely for entertainment value it would have been more common sense to go with the others?
  • Go on admit it you just want to see if Millwall get a good hiding.
  • Yes, I think a potentially exciting Saturday for Sky turned a bit flat given the results on Monday and Tuesday.
  • iaitch said:

Go on admit it you just want to see if Millwall get a good hiding.

I'm sure that will be on Crimewatch during the summer
  • I think if Millwall hadn't been relegated last night...

Sorry, let me savour saying that again...

I think if Millwall hadn't been relegated last night, Sky would have televised Wolves v Millwall, which could have had an impact at both ends.

As it is, we know that Watford and Bournemouth (barring an absolute disaster of Titanic proportions) are automatically promoted.

We already know who is relegated.

Therefore, the best thing that Sky can do, is show how the playoffs are determined.
  • edited April 2015
    I do think the title it is a big deal for Bournemouth and Watford. In all honesty, neither will stay up too long, but nobody can ever take a League Championship away from you. We only have one Championship one. It is almost like saying, winning the Championship is less important than making the play offs which is wrong IMO. Maybe true in a cold calculating way if you are thinking about money, but football has to be more romantic than that - surely.
  • Its like teams celebrating getting fourth in the premiership because it means the golden riches of the Champions League are in reach.

Although its all hyped up by Sky as is every sport that they cover.

Always nice to be called champions and get a bit of silverware.
  • iaitch said:

Its like teams celebrating getting fourth in the premiership because it means the golden riches of the Champions League are in reach.

Although its all hyped up by Sky as is every sport that they cover.

Always nice to be called champions and get a bit of silverware.

Up this way they have civic receptions for coming second in League 1. Don't like to think what they would try and lay on if the Massives got fourth in the prem!
  • Had Bournemouth not beaten Bolton, they may have shown our game
  • I think if Millwall hadn't been relegated last night...

Sorry, let me savour saying that again...

I think if Millwall hadn't been relegated last night, Sky would have televised Wolves v Millwall, which could have had an impact at both ends.

As it is, we know that Watford and Bournemouth (barring an absolute disaster of Titanic proportions) are automatically promoted.

We already know who is relegated.

Therefore, the best thing that Sky can do, is show how the playoffs are determined.

Go on...say it again!
  • Sponsored links:

• An Ipswich vs Norwich play off final would be great!
  • colin1961 said:

Anti climax .....

All the climaxing was done last night.
  • Rossman92 said:

Had Bournemouth not beaten Bolton, they may have shown our game

Without any doubt at all I would say.
  • Was never going to happen though.
  • Well if I was watching on telly I'd want the games to be shown that are pushing for the undecided play off spots rather than who will win The Championship (with both teams already automatically promoted)

And as a fan who is gonna be the more nervous the teams who are all ready promoted or those juggling around for a play off spot

The Bournemouth and Watford fans didn't celebrate for nothing
    Winning promotion was their main aim being champions is a bonus

The pleasure gap of non play off to play off position is massive
    The pleasure gap of playoffs or automatic promotion is massive
    The pleasure gap of being Champions or Runners up and obviously both automatically promoted is not as massive !

• The pleasure gap

Sounds like the title of an edgy 90s novel by Brett Easton Ellis.
  • not being broadcast on the despicable m"rd*ch's septic organ is all to the good for charlton cos our performances on satellite telly have been mostly terrible
  • CAFCTrev said:

An Ipswich vs Norwich play off final would be great!

A two-legged semi would be quite tasty as well.

Police have said this has the Saturday 12.15 game for both legs as opposed to the Friday night game if it happens
  • CAFCTrev said:

Police have said this has the Saturday 12.15 game for both legs as opposed to the Friday night game if it happens
    I know they're rivals but do they ever have any real problems between them bar the odd mocking chant or two?
  • CAFCTrev said:

I know they're rivals but do they ever have any real problems between them bar the odd mocking chant or two?
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCTrev said:

The police are acting on advice from the RSPCA.
  • CAFCTrev said:

"Does your livestock know youre here?"
  • CAFCTrev said:

Sitting with my Norwich mad mate, he laughed. Yes they do have more than the odd mocking chant going on.
  • If you have a 24000 fans in attendance for Norwich v Ipswich how many fingers are in the ground
  • If you have a 24000 fans in attendance for Norwich v Ipswich how many fingers are in the ground

24000 x 6 = 144000

If they take their shoes and socks off, who feckin knows?
  • not being broadcast on the despicable m"rd*ch's septic organ is all to the good for charlton cos our performances on satellite telly have been mostly terrible

Murdoch doesn't run Sky. But don't let that stop you.
  • CAFCTrev said:

They could have a ploughing competition at half time!