Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Senior Cup Final vs Gills - anyone planning on going?

Comments

• Queen blearing out of my speakers.
  • Kent is ours!!!!!!
  • Well done lads
  • When is it going to be paraded?
  • Open top bus Monday !
  • Open top bus Monday !

On a sadder note. The Jills have just shot the pony they were going to use...
  • CHG said:

Queen blearing out of my speakers.

Nice that her majesty has given royal approval
  • It's an interesting decision by the management to play the likes of KAG tonight, when we have a game in 2 days time in which he could have featured

There were seven Gillingham first teamers in their team.

And they have a game on Sunday!
  • When is it going to be paraded?

Half time on Saturday, I would hope!
  • Sponsored links:

• Essex_Al said:

It's an interesting decision by the management to play the likes of KAG tonight, when we have a game in 2 days time in which he could have featured

I'm sure he would have the right hump if he had to miss out on a final after playing all season to get there!
    Hmm, playing in front of 1200 people against Gillingham in a mickey mouse cup.... or playing in front of 20000 at The Valley with masses of press watching on...
  • Who played for us?
  • Well done, lads !
  • for some reason other KAG never gets near the 1st team these days

I wouldn't panic too much. He's not yet 18.

If in three years, he's still not knocking on the door... then I'd be worried that his potential has fizzled out.

For now, he's gaining a lot more from scoring a winning goal in the Kent Cup final against League One opposition than he is on the bench in the Championship.
  • Surprised about the numbers of Gillingham 1st teamers that were playing. Well done lads
  • Cracking result against what was more or less a league one side. Very promising.
  • Essex_Al said:

It's an interesting decision by the management to play the likes of KAG tonight, when we have a game in 2 days time in which he could have featured

I'm sure he would have the right hump if he had to miss out on a final after playing all season to get there!
    Hmm, playing in front of 1200 people against Gillingham in a mickey mouse cup.... or playing in front of 20000 at The Valley with masses of press watching on...
    And scouts looking for players for next season...

Actually makes it sound like a good decision by the management!

• edited April 2015
  • Sponsored links:

• Pretty cynical by the Gills to put 7 first teamers in, hardly fair on the lads who got them there, Ahearn Grant was superb, and Sam Bone at 16 looks more than useful.
  • Great win, can't believe KAG isn't yet 18, a really exciting talent.

Hilarious that Gillingham broke the gentlemans agreement and played seven senior players in their squad and still lost but shows how strong our youngsters are.
  • Congratutions lads! Top notch
  • A wonderful result for our youth, and a corkn' way to begin a COYR weekend!
  • Went to the game last night, 1st half was pretty entertaining gills looked strong their long ball seem to trouble the defence, maybe shouldn't have lead at half time, but a bit of luck with a miss placed back pass and a very good finish

The tackle at the end of the half by our young lad was worthy of a straight red

2nd half was pretty poor so many silly fouls under pressure but gills only had 1 shot on target (in stoppage time)

Just a shame cafc didn't show there passing game but they are a rough diamonds and need some polishing

• I hope Charlton decide to remain in the competition especially with the match report stating that we'd only agreed to come back a few years ago with Gillingham provided that Development Squads were used
  • At one stage in the second half, I became so angry at their antics, I shouted that if the KSC was that important to them, they could have it.

I bet you have a good mind to write them a letter................ :wink: