Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Senior Cup Final vs Gills - anyone planning on going?

1235»

Comments

• At one stage in the second half, I became so angry at their antics, I shouted that if the KSC was that important to them, they could have it.

I bet you have a good mind to write them a letter................ :wink:

A "strongly worded" one, at that!
  • I hope Charlton decide to remain in the competition especially with the match report stating that we'd only agreed to come back a few years ago with Gillingham provided that Development Squads were used

Maybe our future participation should require a rule change based on development squad appearances, similar type of rule used in JPT.
  • RedPanda said:

Did anyone else go in the Southern Belle by the station? We had a go afterwards, thinking how bad can it be? It had flashing lights and karaoke conducted by 60 year olds, pikies marching around presumably on coke, a woman grinding who appeared to be her mum, and my mate was getting stared at for wearing a suit. What a place.

Yep, we quietly slipped to the back and played some pool - absolute shocker of a pub.
  • The message sent to the Gillingham players who had got them to the final of the KSC by the management is dreadful.

The captain of the team that had got them through the to the final, is replaced summarily by someone who has been playing football for many years.

A bunch of young professionals, who have fought very hard for their club, miss out on a game with probably the biggest crowd they will have seen in their fledgling careers.

All to win the Kent Senior Cup, FFS!
  • He should be more disappointed that the Gills effectively tried to cheat their way to winning a youth team competition with first teamers and still came up short.

Tinpot.

I went with a Gills mate and his explanation was that they've just released a load of there under 21s. If that's true then they should have replaced them with u18's, like we did.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is it a full Youth Team competition? ... i.e. Do the likes of Ramsgate field their kids or their Senior Squads?
  • I would guess most field senior squads. Gillingham had 6/7 first teamers last night.
  • RedPanda said:

Did anyone else go in the Southern Belle by the station? We had a go afterwards, thinking how bad can it be? It had flashing lights and karaoke conducted by 60 year olds, pikies marching around presumably on coke, a woman grinding who appeared to be her mum, and my mate was getting stared at for wearing a suit. What a place.

Sounds like it's improved since I used to go in there.
  • To be honest I almost prefer that we've beaten the Gillingham First-Team yes they cheated and I'd have been annoyed had they won but instead our kids have just beaten a League One team i.e. Karlan Ahearne-Grant has scored against an experienced goalkeeper whilst Harry Lennon beat a side where he barely got a sniff whilst on loan earlier in the year
  • Is it a full Youth Team competition? ... i.e. Do the likes of Ramsgate field their kids or their Senior Squads?

The non league sides do field senior squads but Gills and Charlton agreed it would be their development squads.
  • Just to clarify.

Development squads are allowed, under the rules, to have a certain number of over-age players. (I believe it is 3+1 goalkeeper.)

I have seen Matt Taylor, Leon Clarke, Paul Hayes, and even Michael Morrison play in KSC games. (Not all at the same time, I hasten to add!) Charlton have usually done this when the players have been coming back from injury. Perfectly within the rules.

However, bringing in 7 is clearly against the rules for a "Development Squad"...
  • edited May 2015
    The Kent Senior Cup is a different set of rules. You can play as many first teamers as you want. For U 21 Development squads it is 3 overage players plus a Goalkeeper.
  • I hope Charlton decide to remain in the competition especially with the match report stating that we'd only agreed to come back a few years ago with Gillingham provided that Development Squads were used

I heard last night that we are not entering next years competition.

We're not moving to Surrey again are we ?

• Sponsored links:

Shame for the U21s if thats the case

Shame for the U21s if thats the case
    I don't suppose the Kent FA will be happy either. Without Charlton, I imagine a decline in attendances.
  • I'm not too happy if it is true...no more ground hopping in Kent :(
  • Stumbled across some highlights of this game online if anyone is interested!

http://footballexclusives.com/video/kent-reliance-senior-cup-final-gillingham-vs-charlton-athletic/

http://footballexclusives.com/video/kent-reliance-senior-cup-final-gillingham-vs-charlton-athletic/

Excellent by KAG - thanks for the link

Top work Canters, cheers
  • Nice one Canters i missed the goal as i was getting food.
  • Class finish that from such a young lad