Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAFC vs Bournemouth | Sat 2nd May 2015 | 12:15pm Kick-Off | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• They are a lot better than us- 3-1 to them
  • Big_Bob said:

They are a lot better than us- 3-1 to them

Kerm 2
  • we will win this
  • Comfortable victory for Bournemouth unless Watford go well ahead early and they get deflated. Even so I think they'll be too strong for us.
  • Demolished at their place, no reason they will not do the same again.
  • Pretty daft of some of you to say 19-0. I am much more sensible....18-0.
  • cracking stuff @StubleyAddick

Alas I can't go 2mo, bloody wedding to go to. I wanted to be there given what is riding on the game. I'm hoping their need for a win to have a shout at the title will get us going.

1-1

Last we'll see of Buyens, Bulot, JBG and possibly Gomez I think. Also maybe TBH, def Church
  • I can see it being a really open game with them running out winners 5-2 or somehting silly like that.

Yann to get at least two 'natch.
  • I think we see struggles of late as neither striker had been dropping deep to receive the ball! I know neither of them are suited to this but attempts must be made otherwise we're going to struggle! So I'd either play a youth striker in this role (where is Pigott? With us or on loan?) Or we can play Chris Eagles in a CAM role and give him a last chance to impress for a contract! I'd have Watt up top and Igor on the bench! So rather than them both tiring at the same time we can replace one with the other.

................Watt
    Bulot Eagles Gudmundsson
    .......Cousins Buyens
    Wiggins Gomez Ben Haim Solly
    .................Henderson

Etheridge Fox Johnson Diarra Church igor Harriott

Sadly, young Jordan will be watching from the sidelines after a hamstring problem at Birmingham.

Diarra and Buyens in central midfield then, less energy than Jordan would provide, but Diarra will add solidity.
    We might even see Lepoint on the bench!
  • Sponsored links:

• Should be plenty of goals and with The Cherries going for the title they should edge it.
    2-3
  • edited May 2015

2-1 to the addicks, jbg and vetokele, 5/1 looks tempting

That's lousy odds. You can get much better than that for us to win 2-1

18-1 on bet365
  • It would be a disgrace to the competition if we didn't go for the 19, but that may leave us exposed at the back and it'll end up 18-2.
    Actually ought to be a good game and probably be something like 3-3.
  • edited May 2015
    Thanks for the erudite previews Stubley and good luck in your career .. the Sunday Times beckons ((:>)

Bournemouth will be all out to win the title, they'll be relaxed and are a confident team, lethal in attack, ruthless in midfield and defence .. a template for what we need to be next season .. the game will be a good benchmark of how for we have progressed since Christmas provided we put out a full strength, fully motivated team .. Can't see us holding them though I would love to be surprised ..

CAFC 0 v AFC Bournemouth 2
  • Jordan Cousins is out injured.
  • I think we see struggles of late as neither striker had been dropping deep to receive the ball! I know neither of them are suited to this but attempts must be made otherwise we're going to struggle! So I'd either play a youth striker in this role (where is Pigott? With us or on loan?) Or we can play Chris Eagles in a CAM role and give him a last chance to impress for a contract! I'd have Watt up top and Igor on the bench! So rather than them both tiring at the same time we can replace one with the other.

................Watt
    Bulot Eagles Gudmundsson
    .......Cousins Buyens

Sadly, young Jordan will be watching from the sidelines after a hamstring problem at Birmingham.

As reported by Fanny yesterday, after Jordan gave a personal phone call to The Fanackapan household. She the girl for hot off the press news !

• Really hope we end the season with a bang and get the hope for next season. Should be a good game and we are not on Sky and with our record against them at the Valley I will go for a 2-2 draw. Roll on next season.

................Watt
    Bulot Eagles Gudmundsson
    .......Cousins Buyens

Diarra and Buyens in central midfield then, less energy than Jordan would provide, but Diarra will add solidity.
    He's always on it; rarely comes off it
  • wmcf123 said:

I think we see struggles of late as neither striker had been dropping deep to receive the ball! I know neither of them are suited to this but attempts must be made otherwise we're going to struggle! So I'd either play a youth striker in this role (where is Pigott? With us or on loan?) Or we can play Chris Eagles in a CAM role and give him a last chance to impress for a contract! I'd have Watt up top and Igor on the bench! So rather than them both tiring at the same time we can replace one with the other.

................Watt
    Bulot Eagles Gudmundsson
    .......Cousins Buyens

Ironic that he was not on it when Ghent fans came over.
  • wmcf123 said:

I think we see struggles of late as neither striker had been dropping deep to receive the ball! I know neither of them are suited to this but attempts must be made otherwise we're going to struggle! So I'd either play a youth striker in this role (where is Pigott? With us or on loan?) Or we can play Chris Eagles in a CAM role and give him a last chance to impress for a contract! I'd have Watt up top and Igor on the bench! So rather than them both tiring at the same time we can replace one with the other.

................Watt
    Bulot Eagles Gudmundsson
    .......Cousins Buyens

Ironic that he was not on it when Ghent fans came over.
    He took them to a pub and bought them all a drink.
    Has turned into a strange signing so far.
    can't be impressing in training as well as the few chances he's had so far.

• Sponsored links:

................Watt
    Bulot Eagles Gudmundsson
    .......Cousins Buyens

Another one bites the dust....

Christophe stayed for the soup & roll only at last night's dinner as he had an appt at Blackheath Hospital for an injection in a foot injury he picked up in training this week.

................Watt
    Bulot Eagles Gudmundsson
    .......Cousins Buyens

As reported by Fanny yesterday, after Jordan gave a personal phone call to The Fanackapan household. She the girl for hot off the press news !

Nothing to do with the press, sam......

:wink:

................Watt
    Bulot Eagles Gudmundsson
    .......Cousins Buyens

Another one bites the dust....

Christophe stayed for the soup & roll only at last night's dinner as he had an appt at Blackheath Hospital for an injection in a foot injury he picked up in training this week.

Typical! He's not even made the bench much in recent weeks. Without Cousins, Jackson and Lepointless it does leave us slightly bare in central midfield in case of further injuries
  • Got a feeling JBG will hit a banger, no idea of a final score, hope we can end the season with a win.

• Very disappointed to be away for this one. I would like to applaud the Cherries for a fantastic achievement that is only good news for the increasingly corrupt and sterile world of professional football.

Have to admit to feeling a bit emotional about Yann playing in the Premiership after Chris Powell rescued him from Leicester. Another great football story for Stubley to pitch to the Graudiad.

I fear the euphoric Cherries will be far too much for the clapped out Addicks and we could get a tonking as part of their end of season celebration. Won't begrudge it too much on this occasion though.

1-3 (Yann, Arter & Francis (of course))

• They need 5 goals for the 100 do going for 0-5 win for them.
  • Not forgetting ex academy addick Jason Tindall....
    3-1 Bournemouth.
  • Cousins out is a blow. Diarra/Buyens centre midfield.

Hate these 12.15 kick offs far too early!
  • *%1*%$£*&^ Train ))))%$£$%^&&% engineering )*&**((&^ works. &^%**^%&*( Networks. B&*&astEds
  • A big blow losing Jordan's energy in midfield - especially against this lot, with their passing ability and pace. There's not even the prospect, however remote, of another Rotherham-style cameo from Christophe Lepoint to sustain us over the summer. If Diarra or Buyens get a knock or run out of steam, we may end up with Chris Solly being pushed up into midfield.

I think there will be quite a few goals in this game and hope we can put in a decent performance. A great achievement by Bournemouth. The rise of our Arter and Francis also emphasises that players are sometimes written off too quickly and can flourish in a different environment.