Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nepal earthquake

Thoughts going out to everyone in Nepal ATM. I've just listed this hand painted Vase in eBay by myself, 100% of the proceeds go to DEC

Comments

• edited May 2015
    and.... Greenwich Market, 19th May, 12pm 'til late.
    Nepali food stalls...all proceeds to the earthquake appeal.
  • Another quake 7.3 reported.
  • A magnitude 7.4 earthquake struck around 52 miles (83km) northeast of the capital Kathmandu at around 12.50 (local time) on 12 May. According to the US Geological Survey, the earthquake occurred at a depth of around 11.5 miles (18.5km). Details are emerging.
    I've had alerts issued for China, India and Nepal. Can only hope that the effects aren't as devastating as the last one.
  • Oh dear. Not as strong as last month, but 29 pronounced dead so far.
  • edited May 2015
    God Bless the people of Nepal X

Well done @shine166 great gesture.
  • God Bless the people of Nepal X

Well done @shine166 great gesture.

Cheers, the Vase finished at £340 and another painting I listed got £310
  • I spent 2 amazing weeks in Nepal in Kathmandu and then trekking from Lukla to Tengboche Monastery. You could not meet a more gentle, kind natured and fun nation of people any where in the world. What is happening there at the moment is heart breaking.

Once the country has had time to mourn and recover I would strongly recommend a trip to anyone who has not been and has a passion for adventure and the great outdoors.

Just as an example of their generous nature, the trip I was on was an organised tour where individuals from around the world were chucked in a group together. Well, one lad from Liverpool arrived a day early so was in the Kathmandu hotel on his own. He decided to go to the bar for a drink (this was a 4/5 star hotel) and it was empty so he sat talking with the bar man. He was then invited round to the bar mans house the following evening for dinner with all his family (from parents/grandparents to small kids, so 4 generations), and given presents when he left. He offered money / a gift in return, all refused by his hosts who had next to nothing in comparison to a westerner.

Really genuine, decent people. Recover quickly Nepal.

A holiday that his lived long in the memory and unquestionably my favourite trip to date.