Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Should Tea Cups be abolished?

What's the point? Doesn't everyone drink tea out of mugs now?
:smile:

Comments

• edited May 2015
    My missus loves a teacup, so in the morning I make a pot of tea and a cafetiere of coffee, and we have a cup and a mug.

However I have tried to switch her to mugs, as mugs don't need their own plate, and can hold more drink per serving.

In essence, talking about cups and mugs is bloody boring!
  • Tea cups are quintessentially english. Keep
  • How else could you possibly drink tea? Don't be ridiculous
  • Mugs are excellent, but in Fortnum and Masons tea room they serve it in cups, with saucers and a little tea strainer on it's own little stand.
    Mugs are the best containers for manipulating (Saintsbury's gold label) tea bags.
    One crime is making tea in a vessel with a non white inside, impossible to judge the golden browness when you do.
  • Teacups are right up there with the most ridiculous implements like fish knives and butter knives that are completely impractical and were only sold so people could show off their money. The only good use for a tea cup is on the crockery-smash at a school fete.
  • How else could you possibly drink tea? Don't be ridiculous

shouldn't it be, `how else could one possibly drink tea' ?

tea tastes much nicer from a china cup.
  • Essential - the ideal size for measuring out two portions of basmati rice.
  • Coincidently, the museum have just been give a presentation tea set from the Thai FA.

It was found at the training ground and neither they or we have any idea where or why it got there.

• Sponsored links:

• no tea cups? what will I do with my little finger?
  • Flip it right Rd ban people drinking tea from vessels that are not tea cup and saucer,

Drinking tea is a privilege and not for those too common to drink it correctly

Signed

David Cameron
  • I had to spend a day drinking coffee out of an empty Pot Noodle pot once after some twunt broke my mug at work. It humbled me.

I think I would have just used someone else's mug, failing that I would have popped out and bought one
  • I had to spend a day drinking coffee out of an empty Pot Noodle pot once after some twunt broke my mug at work. It humbled me.

The cool kids use jam jars
  • Season must be finished...
  • What would we have our storms in?
  • shine166 said:

I had to spend a day drinking coffee out of an empty Pot Noodle pot once after some twunt broke my mug at work. It humbled me.

I've never been "cool".

I think I would have just used someone else's mug, failing that I would have popped out and bought one

Use someone else's mug?!? I've got certain standards y'know.

Haha, i have to say i am genuinely interested to know what a cup of bombay bad boy tea tastes like

Haha, i have to say i am genuinely interested to know what a cup of bombay bad boy tea tastes like
    Spearmint chewing gum
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2015
    I have heard of some ridiculous suggestions on here but...

How about letting the ravens go at the Tower of London as well while you're at it?

Shame on you innit!
  • shine166 said:

I had to spend a day drinking coffee out of an empty Pot Noodle pot once after some twunt broke my mug at work. It humbled me.

I've never been "cool".
    Nows your chance
  • Wash your mouth out Romford, tastes so much better out of bone china, wait until @FannyFanackapan reads this thread :wink:
  • edited May 2015

Don't tell me it was your favourite CAFC mug @AddickUpNorth , gotta be a Leeds supporting colleague surely, no wonder you hate em :wink:
  • only sophisticated people use tea cups.
  • Damn right and a tea pot with a cozy