Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

worst miss you have ever seen by a charlton player or against us

Following on from the goal thread what's the worst one, when you were already celebrating only to realise he had missed or were all ready distraught that the opposition had scored

I need to think so will post mine in a bit and surprisingly it isn't calimessi

Comments

• Bailey penalty v swindon
  • edited May 2015
    Luke Varney against Burnley five or more years ago. Don't know if it even technically counts as a miss because he didn't even shoot.
  • there was a header not the season just gone but the one before against millwank at home trying to rack my brain who it was
  • Kim Grant v Notts County
  • edited May 2015
    Tucudean v Millwall - not even going to listen to the excuses made for him about how the keeper did well, he ran out of space etc.

Unforgivable considering the stakes.
  • Tucudean against Millwall
    Bikey against Blackpool

There was another one this season as well but can't think, remember when Bikey missed his one I said to my brother that's the third time we have had a chance that was easier to score than miss(Got a feeling it was Igor)
  • Vetokele vs Cardiff......
    Gudmundsson vs Fulham (really should have put it in)

I was just as upset at Tucadean as the next guy but not technically a "miss"
  • harriet at sheffield utd and at brentford.
  • I remember now it was Yann from a yard a header it wasnt millwall it was against bham away and i thought it was pritchard at the time due to abusing my body with poisions
  • Andy Jones. Oldham away. September 1990.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sure we did this last week
  • George v spanners
    Robo v Bolton away FA Cup 1/4 final.
  • edited May 2015
    Pringles away at port vale, can't think of the year. Was actually Walsall, see Kenny very good description of that terrible miss below.
  • I think you are referring to Walsall away in the 1999/00 Title winning year - Pringle missed a Robinson cross from about one yard out, which would have made it 5-2. For some reason that miss annoyed me for weeks, as I have loathed Walsall since they beat us at Selhurst 2-1 in the FA Cup in 1987, in what was easily the coldest match I have been at.
  • Yes Kenny your absolutely correct Wallsal away, although I thought it was closer than 1 yard out, even now I am annoyed that he missed it, think it was a Friday night game live on Sky?
  • Worst miss against us Michael gray pen
  • Luke Varney against Burnley five or more years ago. Don't know if it even technically counts as a miss because he didn't even shoot.

Ditto
  • Yes Kenny your absolutely correct Wallsal away, although I thought it was closer than 1 yard out, even now I am annoyed that he missed it, think it was a Friday night game live on Sky?

I agree, I think it was memorable because of the great effort he made to get there, having sprinted flat out for half the pitch, if memory serves correctly. We were a bloody good team at that stage and that performance at Walsall after going down one nil was immense.
  • Shaun Bartlett v Fulham 2002
  • shirty5 said:

Andy Jones. Oldham away. September 1990.

oh god yes definitely this one

simon church header at millwall away ths season/ didnt even make keeper make a save. awful
  • Sponsored links:

• harriet at sheffield utd and at brentford.

Have to agree re the Harriott miss at Sheff Utd.
    A genuine 'open goal'; still, at least it wasn't an important game.
  • Reza at home to qpr
  • Kim Grant at home to Notts County.

We won the game 5-1, but we were 1-0 down when he missed.
  • It wasn't for Charlton but as I'm Scottish and he played for Charlton I am counting it.

Chris Iwelumo for Scotland V Norway.
  • Leaburn home to Spurs at Selhurst.

About three yards out, centre of goal, keeper nowhere and he hits the post.

Would have put us two up but they go straight down the other end and equalise,then beat us.

• Lee Hughes missed an absolute sitter against us in the same game Rob Elliott saved his penalty.
  • Kim Grant and Andy Jones are good shouts. Against - I recall a Notts County penalty at a night match at Meadow lane that seemed to go vertically. It probably landed at Trent Bridge...
  • Simon Church at the beginning of 2013/14 in the League cup.
    He had already scored two decent goals against Oxford then had a open goal for his Hat trick and missed. A sign of things to come.
  • edited May 2015
    shirty5 said:

Andy Jones. Oldham away. September 1990.

Andy Jones at home (Selhurst) to Everton - not sure what season it was. He has to just put it through the next with Southall on the other side of the pitch goal. If he'd used a sledge hammer to put it through the net it couldn't have missed as he was about ten centimeters out but he decided to gently tap in in like a flippin' ballerina (and I don't mean one of those blokes in tights - I mean a 5st girl) and Southall had minutes seconds to dive across the goal mouth and collect the ball.
  • Darius Henderson missed an absolute sitter for Watford in a dross 0-0 when Dowie was in charge. Has to be up there