Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

AYO Obileye

AYO Obileye has signed a new deal keeping him at Charlton until 2017.

The 20-year-old joined the Addicks in October 2014 after impressing on trial.

Obileye was loaned to League Two side Dagenham & Redbridge last season and made 26 appearances, scoring twice.

Comments

• Could Ayo make the first team squad this season ?

P'raps
  • daggers fans absolutely loved him. def 1st team squad next season

Don't see why not, big unit, good pedigree ( was at Chelsea before a massive move to the Wendies), looked comfortable on the ball what I have seen of him. I'd have him ahead of Lennon and Thomas but either of those could do a job as cover at CB.
  • The OS says it's a deal until summer 2016?
  • sammy391 said:

The OS says it's a deal until summer 2016?

Which is why you should never believe it until it's on the OS!

Thanks Henry.

• sammy391 said:

The OS says it's a deal until summer 2016?

Which is why you should never believe it until it's on the OS!

Why are people "LOL"ing this?
  • Daggers fans seemed to really like him. He'll probably get a 3 month loan to League 1 and then 2nd half of the season a chance to prove himself with us
  • Swisdom said:

Daggers fans seemed to really like him. He'll probably get a 3 month loan to League 1 and then 2nd half of the season a chance to prove himself with us

If we've got a strong partnership already at CB I don't see how he'd get the chance with us, except through injury or suspension.

• Sponsored links:

• Cawley and Ketts both reported summer 2017, both are usually reliable, so something has gone amiss somewhere
  • Swisdom said:

Daggers fans seemed to really like him. He'll probably get a 3 month loan to League 1 and then 2nd half of the season a chance to prove himself with us

If we've got a strong partnership already at CB I don't see how he'd get the chance with us, except through injury or suspension.

Which partnership is that? TBH and Johnson have both been released, Bikey has barely played since January, Gomez may well be leaving and, besides, he and Diarra can't have played more than a couple of games together. I would say both centre back slots are very much up for grabs next season.

• Swisdom said:

Which partnership is that? TBH and Johnson have both been released, Bikey has barely played since January, Gomez may well be leaving and, besides, he and Diarra can't have played more than a couple of games together. I would say both centre back slots are very much up for grabs next season.

If Obileye was expected to be a first-choice CB they'd surely give him more than a 1-year contract. I hope Gomez fills one of the slots, and Luzon must be hoping to sign ANOther, since he clearly doesn't fancy The Beast.