Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

L'Equipe reporting that Roland has bid for RC Lens

15m euros reportedly.

Comments

• Just been relegated to Ligue 2
  • Maybe we can get Adamo Coulibaly after all. And his 17 agents.
  • Len's what?
  • What's not to like?

:smile:
  • So does selling Gomez give him the cash to increase the network? Serious question, not stirring.
  • Len's what?

Len's lens
  • Has anybody yet figured out what his goal is?
  • C_A_F_C said:

Has anybody yet figured out what his goal is?

World domination one second tier rate football club at a time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Waste of money. He could have used that to buy us 2 very average players from England with Championship experience.
  • Sell Standard Leige now?.
  • Has anybody yet figured out what his goal is?

YES next question.
  • They'll see right through him.

Sure I have done that joke before :(
  • According to one of their fans forums RD was talking to Lens about the transfer of 3 players in Jan (not necessarily) to us - Cyprien, Gbamin & Guillaume. All promising young players in positions we could do with enhancing.
  • edited May 2015
    Not a done deal yet for rc lens?.
  • Je soupçonne que ce sera un parcours cahoteux
  • In terms of our club which whether we like it or not, this would be a good addition to the network
  • Je soupçonne que ce sera un parcours cahoteux

Said one camel to the other!
  • Sponsored links:

• All that money for a remote control lens, I just plug the usb cable in and control it from my computer. Oh, that's for the photography thread.
  • I've been to a few RC Lens matches in the last few years. They have a hardcore set of 'Ultra' fans who will not react well to being messed around or ignored rather like some Charlton fans feel they have been since the Belgium takeover. Their Ultra fans fly banners with Union Jacks in them and they have a slightly inaccurate picture of all English fans being diehard nutters who will die for their club. They've obviously not been in the West Stand for a CAFC game then!

All in all though I've got a lot of time for RC Lens and their supporters and especially their 10 Euro match tickets and 3 Euro beers.

If Roland likes an argument he probably has picked the right club to buy but I do think any link up between CAFC & RC Lens could be a good thing for us. They have a good youth policy and a good following in North-West France.

• RC Lens have a very good supporter's football team - used to take more fans to the supporter's club football tournament up in Leeds than we do to most grounds north of the Watford Gap....
  • Lens is easier for us to get to than Leeds as well.
  • RC Lens are currently owned by that weird Azerbaijani guy that tried to buy "massive English Championship side Sheffield Wednesday". Without knowing anything more about it or bothering to research, I'd be worried about a Portsmouth style mess in finances.
  • IA said:

RC Lens are currently owned by that weird Azerbaijani guy that tried to buy "massive English Championship side Sheffield Wednesday". Without knowing anything more about it or bothering to research, I'd be worried about a Portsmouth style mess in finances.

Maybe the RD buyout will finance the 'massives' promotion this season , after all OP told us!
  • Only two up, two down from next season in the French leagues so it won't be easy getting them back up.
  • This is definitely not going to happen. Duchatelet proposed lending 15 million euros and in return gaining ownership of several Lens players. Deal off.

lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Roland-duchatelet-ne-rachetera-pas-le-rc-lens/560773
  • Recently relegated. Seems like Lens didn't focus this season..............