Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton players to score at Wembley? (new & old)

13»

Comments

• Does Defoe count or not as he never made a senior appearance for us?
  • Has Paul Benson been mentioned?

Am sure he scored at Wembley some stage when he was with Dagenham before he joined us
  • How about Danny Murphy he must scored for England and Liverpool?
  • How about Danny Murphy he must scored for England and Liverpool?

He did score for England but it was when they were redeveloping Wembley.
  • Chrispy51 said:

Does Defoe count or not as he never made a senior appearance for us?

He doesn't count for me, because he never played for the first team. For the same reason I didn't coun't Myles Weston's penalty.

Others may see things differently though.
  • Quite surprised that having a little search to find an obscure one, since the Football League Trophy started in 1984, not a single scorer in the final has ever played for us.
  • Stig said:

Chrispy51 said:

He doesn't count for me, because he never played for the first team. For the same reason I didn't coun't Myles Weston's penalty.

If you are gonna count Defoe I am gonna claim my mate who was released by charlton at 15 but scored a hat trick for Knockhall school in the smiths crisps schools final around 19821
  • MrOneLung said:

Stig said:

Chrispy51 said:

If you are gonna count Defoe I am gonna claim my mate who was released by charlton at 15 but scored a hat trick for Knockhall school in the smiths crisps schools final around 19821
    But we're only counting goals in the past, not in the future :wink:
  • Stig said:

MrOneLung said:

Stig said:

Chrispy51 said:

But we're only counting goals in the past, not in the future :wink:
    I'll be looking in the "births" section of local newspapers in 19806 to see his first appearance in the press.
  • Err It was 19th August 1921...... Honest.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:

Err It was 19th August 1921...... Honest.

So your mate is a year younger than Charlton?
  • Quite surprised that having a little search to find an obscure one, since the Football League Trophy started in 1984, not a single scorer in the final has ever played for us.

Busy?
  • Chizz said:

MrOneLung said:

Err It was 19th August 1921...... Honest.

So your mate is a year younger than Charlton?
    16 years younger.

• Roger Smart

• Roger Smart

You not read Stig's comprehensive list?
  • Off_it said:

Quite surprised that having a little search to find an obscure one, since the Football League Trophy started in 1984, not a single scorer in the final has ever played for us.

Busy?
    What do you do when Britain's Got Talent is on? You can only hit yourself over the head with a saucepan a certain amount of times

• Tommy Lawton
  • Off_it said:

Quite surprised that having a little search to find an obscure one, since the Football League Trophy started in 1984, not a single scorer in the final has ever played for us.

Busy?
    What do you do when Britain's Got Talent is on? You can only hit yourself over the head with a saucepan a certain amount of times
    I missed that act - did they get through to live finals ?
  • Francis Jeffers. England lost 3-1 at Wembley in a friendly
  • Forgot to mention, this was his only England goal in 2003
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2015
    Jeffers is a near miss, scored for England in a home fixture but not at Wembley.

Astley is another near miss, scored for Wales in an away fixture against England but again not at Wembley.
  • Francis Jeffers. England lost 3-1 at Wembley in a friendly

That was at Upton Park
  • Has Paul Benson been mentioned?

Am sure he scored at Wembley some stage when he was with Dagenham before he joined us

Yup Paul Benson scored @ Wembley in the 2009-10 Playoff Final scoring the first goal in a 3-2 win against Rotherham United

I didnt even get a mention for my good guess :'( lol!
  • Great stuff here everyone. Loving it.