Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bookies favorites again to go down next season!

What do people think about this? Do you think it is fair and why don't the bookies ever have faith in us?!

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/relegation

Personally, I thought we would surprise people at the beginning of last season and I think we could do the same next season!

Comments

• Very surprised at that. I wasn't last year but I am this time round. Let's surprise them big time next season!
  • Can only be because we are viewed with more chance of being pony than good with our current set up
  • Could be cos we've released a lot of senior players with the bookies (not realising that its the likes of Church etc... that has been let go) whilst until we start signing players we look like a side thats relying on the youth team and inexperience next season (although when that youth could include Cousins and Watt...)
  • I can understand the odds at present. Back to a similar squad from last January. However if you are confident that M.Roly will let Luzon loose in the transfer market, then fill your boots.
  • Fine with me, longer odds means bigger payback :smiley:
  • Is this because we wouldn't be able to sell out our Wembley allocation?
  • If we played a season with this squad, we'd be bottom 6
  • go and put £1000 on us to stay up and those odds will move. That's how BETTING odds work.
  • FAAK EM!
  • Sponsored links:

• wmcf123 said:

If we played a season with this squad, we'd be bottom 6

If we even started a season with this squad it would be because we're be having a lot more problems than just on the pitch. We haven't made a single signing yet... nor have 95% of other clubs.
  • edited May 2015
    What a load of bollox.
    Rotherham and Preston are not even in the list- are they suggesting they are certs already !?
  • How can anyone possibly make any informed judgement on this when not a single ball has been kicked and hardly any signings have been made?
  • They obviously don't think Hull and Burnley are going into melt down but there are a lot of clubs on between 4:1 to 6:1, which indicates to me the bookies don't want to lose money.
    Strange that, them bookies not wanting to part with the wonga.
  • probably only Roland and Katrien know what we are going to do during the summer. But investment hasn't got to be that great to make 11/2 for a top 6 finish look a decent bet
  • i d willingly have a punt on us for top 6 next year now

• I wouldn't trust the opinion of anyone mad enough to be gambling on who will be relegated in May 2016.
  • Rizzo said:

How can anyone possibly make any informed judgement on this when not a single ball has been kicked and hardly any signings have been made?

Its what bookies do for a living and "fairness" is not a concept that comes into it. Not even a weeny bit. If I can get positive odds on us staying up then its time to pile in!
  • were only 14/1 to get promotion atm odds are all over the place.
  • Top half got to be a decent bet again this year if now favourites fir the drop. I am abroad and can't access my regular sites. Anyone know what odds are being offered for top half? We were 7-2 last August so I am assuming they might be offering c 5-1. I will bite if they are......
  • Sponsored links:

• 7/1 for top 6.
    Can't see a bet for the top half yet.
  • What a load of bollox.
    Rotherham and Preston are not even in the list- are they suggesting they are certs already !?

Rotherham are 2/1 favourites to be relegated on Betfair
  • lolwray said:

i d willingly have a punt on us for top 6 next year now

Well, if we're betting in obsolete currencies, I would top that by betting duo solidi*.

*That translates as a two bob bet.
  • edited May 2015
    Bookies are mugs. They had us at 250-1 for the title last season and I lumped on. Mugs.
  • Neil Lennon decides the odds on there.
  • Best priced at 80/1 for Sheffield Wednesday to go down on boylesports , what a load of guff
  • We are 66/1 to win the league and 225/1 for the capital one cup with Paddy! They are the only two betting lines with us!