Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Undisclosed Fee

would someone like to explain why Gomes was sold at a undisclosed fee? Not the selling but why not say how much or details of the sale? It stinks to me of FIFA not revealing the fee they accept for awarding the World Cup.

Comments

• Had a couple?
  • ssshhhhhh... I'd like to tell you what the fee was .. but then .. (wait for it) .. I'd 'ave to shoot yer ((:>) .. it's akin to you probably not wanting all & sundry to know too much about your financial affairs .. and you can read the scores of different conspiracy theories about this topic on the 'Gomez Rumour' pages ..
    incidentally, I guess you mean our one time defender and NOT the Watford goalkeeper ?
  • edited June 2015
    It is annoying. Why hide it? Is it something to be ashamed of?
  • It is annoying. Why hide it? Is it something to be ashamed of?

Us fans are curious to know the fees, I would.

It becomes a problem when you then go to buy a player as the selling club know you have money.
  • Solidgone said:

would someone like to explain why Gomes was sold at a undisclosed fee? Not the selling but why not say how much or details of the sale? It stinks to me of FIFA not revealing the fee they accept for awarding the World Cup.

Been the same for the past few years under M.Roly and before that Slater/Jimenez
  • edited June 2015
    People don't like to have fees paid/received out in the public these days.

If a club knows you just received 5m for player x, they might insist on you paying 4m for player z rather than their initial 3m asking price.
  • It looks as if not disclosing fees is club policy. Ours not to reason why I suppose.
    Anyway, back to building a better tomorrow together.
  • It's the same all over football now. The only reason to use undisclosed in my opinion is so that other Clubs don't know how much you have to spend but if everyone had to disclose fees then this would be negated. Also it can be used to disguise that a) you sold a player too cheaply or b) you paid over the odds for a player so deflecting fans criticism.

However, before we make FIFA type allegations, whether or not it is announced as undisclosed all details of the actual transfer have to be reported to the relevant body ie FL, PL, FA etc so it isn't being used to conceal the details for financial gain.
  • Solidgone said:

I'd like to explain but I can't.
  • Surely for tax purposes the fee must be declared at some stage ? how long before the finances of the club are declared for public consumption?
  • Sponsored links:

• Werent deals like the Di Maria one undisclosed as well... Its only ever the media guessing at fees that any figures get thrown about to make it look like they're in the know
  • Surely for tax purposes the fee must be declared at some stage ? how long before the finances of the club are declared for public consumption?

The end of this month is the end of the financial year, so maybe sometime next month they will appear. I'm sure someone will dissect them, or the club may it announce it if we have broken even or made a small profit.
  • shirty5 said:

Surely for tax purposes the fee must be declared at some stage ? how long before the finances of the club are declared for public consumption?

The end of this month is the end of the financial year, so maybe sometime next month they will appear. I'm sure someone will dissect them, or the club may it announce it if we have broken even or made a small profit.
    This!
    The club tend to release stories in September / October about the accounts for year ended 30th June. This gives time for the dust to settle - we can look at the whole picture in light of players acquired and our first 10-15 games.
    If the fee is high enough to make us close to break even then they might splash that earlier?

Also end June is the deadline for Staprix filing account for June 2014 so we can see the whole network picture. One year isn't enough to call things definitively but it gives us an idea of operating losses and player sales.
  • shirty5 said:

Surely for tax purposes the fee must be declared at some stage ? how long before the finances of the club are declared for public consumption?

This!
    The club tend to release stories in September / October about the accounts for year ended 30th June. This gives time for the dust to settle - we can look at the whole picture in light of players acquired and our first 10-15 games.
    If the fee is high enough to make us close to break even then they might splash that earlier?

Also end June is the deadline for Staprix filing account for June 2014 so we can see the whole network picture. One year isn't enough to call things definitively but it gives us an idea of operating losses and player sales.
    BTW, if I we do break even or enter the black, I for one won't be getting the party poppers out. Eventually we will get relegated if the owner sticks to this mindset. Just look at Blackpool.
  • How does RD's mindset relate to the crap going on at Blackpool? He is totally different as far as I can see.
  • Fiiish said:

stonemuse said:

How does RD's mindset relate to the crap going on at Blackpool? He is totally different as far as I can see.

I agree, knowing several Blackpool fans there is no way we can complain. RD has pumped tonnes of his own money into this club network, whereas the reverse has happened at Blackpool.

It's undisclosed because Roly doesn't want to let other clubs know the amount of money we have so we don't get ripped off when we purchase more players once the window opens. Save the tin foil for the kitchen.
  • stonemuse said:

How does RD's mindset relate to the crap going on at Blackpool? He is totally different as far as I can see.

Or go the other way and throw some money at Luzon and give the club another chance at premier league football. Then if we do go up, then he personally make a few euro's out of it
  • shirty5 said:

stonemuse said:

Or go the other way and throw some money at Luzon and give the club another chance at premier league football. Then if we do go up, then he personally make a few euro's out of it
    Easy to say when it's not your money.

Quite frankly I'd rather the club was sustainable in mid-table in the Championship than bankrupt in the top six, if that means selling a promising youngster every few years then so be it.
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

shirty5 said:

stonemuse said:

Easy to say when it's not your money.

Quite frankly I'd rather the club was sustainable in mid-table in the Championship than bankrupt in the top six, if that means selling a promising youngster every few years then so be it.
    What about if they do both?
    Sell a top player every June to offset losses / keep us sustainable AND throw some money at transfers and contracts to acquire more talent.
    The Gomez money is pure profit in the 2014-15 accounts to cover losses.
    If every penny is spent on say three quality addition on three / four year deals that is spread over the life of those deals.
    The risk is that we acquire a dud for big money.
    Many believe we need 5/6 quality players to make a competitive squad - two frees, two from Liege and two signings does that without breaking the bank.
    July tells us everything about ambition and ability to land the right players. If they get it right then next season will be enjoyable, our best for ten years!

Once again, that's just 18 months after taking over.

• If a club knows you just received 5m for player x, they might insist on you paying 4m for player z rather than their initial 3m asking price.

Which logically 'makes sense', but in reality is total ball clocks, because if a clubs CEO or a players agent wanted to know how much we'd received for Gomez they would be able to find it out within five minutes / two phonecalls.
  • I don't think we will find out the fee when the accounts are released as I'm pretty sure transfer funds received are not broken down and therefore will include money from other transfers, other payments re appearance money etc.
  • What I don't understand is how we accepted the offer if Liverpool didn't disclose it to us?

:smiley: