Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wolves away 29th August, advance purchase train tickets

Virgin, Chiltern and London Midland have hiked the prices up due to this being a bank holiday weekend.

At present the tickets are around the £35 figure for a return(before railcard discounts).

The fares will rise sharply for this due to the bank holiday.

The Great Western is a terrific boozer, this is located behind the railway station and away from the disaster that is Wolverhampton town centre.

My roundabout way is £7 for the 7.30 coach from Victoria to Wolverhampton, arrives 11.00 with the 19.33 from New Street to Euston, changing at Northampton for £15. A single from Wolverhampton to New Street is about £4.

If anybody ever books with National Express you MUST avoid the £10 pop up for a discount off your next journey. This is a scam and you then find £10 deducted from your statement each month.

Comments

• All the best holiday destinations (derby, forest, wolves) are in august
  • IA said:

All the best holiday destinations (derby, forest, wolves) are in august

Have just been on Easyjet Holidays and you can get a cracking deal on a city break to Derby.
  • It is also 20/20 Finals day at Edgbaston, so there will be thousands of Kent fans on their way up to that part of the world as well. :wink:
  • Virgin have just released some cheaper advance tickets departing Euston 09.17 Arr Wolverhampton 11.22 £15.00
    or Departing Euston 11.07 Arr Wolverhampton 14.05 £11.00

Return dep Wolverhampton 17.31 Arr Euston 20.20 £15.00 prices without railcards.

• clive said:

Virgin have just released some cheaper advance tickets departing Euston 09.17 Arr Wolverhampton 11.22 £15.00
    or Departing Euston 11.07 Arr Wolverhampton 14.05 £11.00

Return dep Wolverhampton 17.31 Arr Euston 20.20 £15.00 prices without railcards.

Wish they announced this earlier!
  • Where is the best place for a drink now the Walkabout is closed?
  • The Great Western behind the railway station is very good.

Cheers might have to go in there as very memory most pubs are home fans only.

I'd agree. Very friendly in there. A bit difficult to find, but it keeps away the riff raff.

I'd agree. Very friendly in there. A bit difficult to find, but it keeps away the riff raff.
    Wolverhampton is not the best place for a drink I agree.