Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Current First XI

With all the transfers (or lack of) I'm interesting in seeing the current XI you'd build with the squad available atm

What do you think of this? I assume Bulot isn't still with us and same with Buyens, hence why they aren't on this
xi.png 167.6K

Comments

• That's not a bad side is it
  • It's very thin though, the midfield is really vulnerable and so is the defense
    I reckon we just need bodies this season to cover the odd injury/suspension and we are good to go, no relegation for us
  • Yea your right there! Arnt Wiggins ,Harriott and Bikey on the transfer list as well ?
  • edited June 2015
    It's not a bad first XI, if we get Bulot back in and a decent, focused centre back to partner Bauer...

At the minute, our bench would look something like this: Dmitrovic/Pope, Fox, Jackson, Moussa + 3 new youth players.

It's squad depth that we're struggling with.
  • Not too bad at all based on what we have at the moment
  • God forbid if Wiggins and Harriot are on the list, I can't imagine they are on massive contracts and they are certainly role-players
    Bikey on the other hand, well, according to many he was shocking towards the end of the season, I personally like him and his strength but if he's on a fair amount wage wise and if we get a decent fee for him we should take it
  • Huskaris said:

If Harriot is on the pitch against QPR I will set my plasticy card on fire and prepare for a life in League One.

Think Luzon likes him though.
  • Huskaris said:

If Harriot is on the pitch against QPR I will set my plasticy card on fire and prepare for a life in League One.

make sure you do it in the NL bogs as you'll be able to light a few fags up for people.
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks like a bottom half championship team to me with a relegation flirt and absolutely no depth whatsoever behind it. Very few goals in that team.
  • Looks like a bottom half championship team to me with a relegation flirt and absolutely no depth whatsoever behind it. Very few goals in that team.

I agree, I'd say only Solly, Cousins, Henderson and Berg are good enough for top seven. Having not seen Bauer play I couldn't make judgement.
  • I suspect at least two and maybe more of that lie up will not be with us come august. Desperately need some teinforcements.
  • By my reckoning then just for a first xi we need a centre back a centre mid and a left winger, before we even consider sqyad depth
  • Do we not rate Watt anymore?
  • DeeBee said:

Do we not rate Watt anymore?

Watt is class, it's vetokele I'm more worried about
  • DeeBee said:

Like vetokele I rated him for the first 5/6 games.
  • That's a bottom half/relegation team. No squad depth either. We need at least 6 first team newbies to have any chance of top ten and beyond.
  • Let's take another look in a month's time, as this line-up has too many ifs & buts attached.
  • Huskaris said:

DeeBee said:

Like vetokele I rated him for the first 5/6 games.
    fair shout. Igor was asked to do a lot until Watt arrived though and whilst not fully fit.

With the benefit of some rest we can see both fresh. My guess is they will start firing. The concern is whats going tot be happening for them in Nov Dec time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Where in the table do you think we will end up with this XI come May next year? Better or worse than this year?
  • Holding off judgement of Igor due to his injury last year.

He was exceptional in the first 6-7 games after all.
  • Holding off judgement of Igor due to his injury last year.

He was exceptional in the first 6-7 games after all.

I can't see that an eight week lay-off is going to solve an achilles injury like Igor had. Having got married, unlikely he'd have had too much re-hab - is he even based here permanently? Hope I'm wrong but feel we will have more firepower this season to ease him in.
  • Chuck said:

With all the transfers (or lack of) I'm interesting in seeing the current XI you'd build with the squad available atm

What do you think of this? I assume Bulot isn't still with us and same with Buyens, hence why they aren't on this

What does the A in AR stand for?
  • There is no chance that will be our starting XI come QPR. But don't let that put anyone off predicting our doom.
  • Unless we bring in 8 more players or nobody is transferred out we will have a decent first 11 and no back up,just like the start of last season