Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pop star opens new Valley lounge

Comments

• Sir Colin Cowdrey now, was he an Addick?
  • Yes, was on the board for a while too. Played cricket I think.
  • How long did you say it was?
  • Yes, was on the board for a while too. Played cricket I think.

Cheers. Yeah, he wasn't too bad....

• Fake picture - the female purporting to be Sandie Shaw is wearing shoes!
  • You've aged well Henry!

Sandie's heels must be high she's taller than you!
  • edited August 2015
    Sandie looks like she's speaking into an invisible mobile phone.
  • Colin Cowdrey looks to be sizing up launching one over long leg - dirty beggar
  • Sandie was living in Blackheath at the time, married to clothes designer Jeff Banks.

I'm pretty certain that Jeff's dad was landlord of The Bull at he top of Shooters Hill for many years in the 1960's and 70's.
  • Sandie was living in Blackheath at the time, married to clothes designer Jeff Banks.

I'm pretty certain that Jeff's dad was landlord of The Bull at he top of Shooters Hill for many years in the 1960's and 70's.

Monty Banks was in the Red Lion half way up the hill.
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

Sandie was living in Blackheath at the time, married to clothes designer Jeff Banks.

Monty Banks was in the Red Lion half way up the hill.
    Cheers Len.

I think I let emotion get the best of me there, as my first proper girlfriend, who I loved dearly, lived in Shrewsbury Lane, and then broke my heart when she dumped me just before the 1966 World Cup.

• I imagine that this was the time when she was living with Jeff Banks, at Blackheath, only a few doors away from a former CAFC chairman. Met up with Sandie in 2009 on news night bit of filming, she was one of the most down to earth people you could met, charming and I mentioned Blackheath. I think new night was doing some sort of 'Eurovision' idea, which I had not the faintest idea what it was all about!. David Davies was also on the panel as well. Struck me as someone who seemed to be very uncomfortable with being a tory, as he was at the time being used a possible 'alternative leader' for the tories for a few months?. Think it was shot in the old Top of the pops bar, even though I think the Beeb had closed that programme a while back.
  • I imagine that this was the time when she was living with Jeff Banks, at Blackheath, only a few doors away from a former CAFC chairman. Met up with Sandie in 2009 on news night bit of filming, she was one of the most down to earth people you could met, charming and I mentioned Blackheath. I think new night was doing some sort of 'Eurovision' idea, which I had not the faintest idea what it was all about!. David Davies was also on the panel as well. Struck me as someone who seemed to be very uncomfortable with being a tory, as he was at the time being used a possible 'alternative leader' for the tories for a few months?. Think it was shot in the old Top of the pops bar, even though I think the Beeb had closed that programme a while back.

That you with the long hair and glasses Ken ?

• No SHG, I was the bloke behind the camera......
    Just remembered it was the 'immigrant song contest'...... although what the hell that was all about I have no idea. Sandie is nobody's fool, she was one of the original Ford Dagenham girls, has had her own fashion label, She is a psychotherapist, and ran a creative arts clinic with one of her husbands.Her recordings of Spanish, French,German and Italian are still very popular. An independent and clever lady, of course that would make her an 'awkward artist', She married the co-founder of the Virgin group.