Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PGA Championship 2015

It’s the last major of the year already! After missing all of the US Open I’m really looking forward to this one.

I’m doing my usual Patrick Reed bet, Brooks Koepka, and Jason Day HAS to win one soon, plus he’s on great form.

Comments

• rickie fowler & adam scott ew for me 20/1 & 28/1 and betfair 1st 6 places so always worth a chance and only a little bet
  • Rory E/W @ 12/1 - not sure I could ignore that

I'm wearing my rose tinted glasses.

Hear, hear.
    I've piled into that 12/1!!
  • Backed Bomber Johnson on betfair- will cash out when he's in contention in Rounds 2 &3
  • edited August 2015
    Bubba, Z Johnson and Casey all e/w

2nd, 3rd and 12th respectively when the event was last played in Whistling Straits in 2010.
  • Kaymer won here last time only because Johnson was penalized so they would be a good shout.

I would have done Lowry but can't see him winning twice in a week.

So my money is going on Brandon Grace.
  • Spieth to win - Koepka & Matsuyama ew

Will be interesting to see how Rory goes but I think it's asking a lot for him to be in contention come Sunday.
  • Rory is a good bet at 12/1,but also fancy B.Watson,J.Day and R.Fowler always knocking on the door these three and at a big price P.Casey 100/1
  • cracking course Whistling Striaghts, didn't Goose win a US Open here ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Casey is -3 after 4, I was tempted but Billy Horschel was 100/1 so plumped for that. Scoring does look good, quite a few people are 2 or 3 under after only a few holes.

NSS, I reckon you're thinking of Shinnecock, I've loved the two US Opens I've seen from there. He also won at Southern Hills, Vijay and Kaymer have won the only two majors here.
  • I've backed Fowler to win

Rose to finish top 5

J. Thomas to finish top 10
  • yep Red Panda your right, cracking course
  • I backed a handful of the PGA club pros to finish in the top 20 at 1000/1 - am I missing something?
  • Bomber Johnson doing his usual so far

Backed Bomber at 16.5 with 50 squid- profit as 805, Betfair currently offering me 160 cash out with profit of 110

Will leave it to least the end of Round 2- truth be told I know that if he has a sizeable lead by end of round, I'd be tempted to let it play the whole way!
  • Big_Bob said:

Bomber Johnson doing his usual so far

Backed Bomber at 16.5 with 50 squid- profit as 805, Betfair currently offering me 160 cash out with profit of 110

Will leave it to least the end of Round 2- truth be told I know that if he has a sizeable lead by end of round, I'd be tempted to let it play the whole way!

Nice work - make sure you cash out before the final round starts as we all know what will happen on the last day!

• Surely HAS to change tho ??
  • Backed Johnson in the first three majors this year and after them performances I thought no way am I backing him again!!!
  • I didn't bother with my Day bet, nor my Finau 120/1 E/W when he was on my short list! I've had him in my Fantasy team a few times and he's always good for a top 25, obviously he's exceeded expectations this week.

Day and a 2 shot head start against Spieth though is compulsive viewing. I also find it interesting that it's playing easier than St Andrew's when it's 500 yards longer.
  • From a financial point of view would love to see Jordan make it 3 majors this year but feel it may be Jason's day so to speak and certainly wouldn't begrudge him his first major.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sods law when I need Speith to win he can't hold fuck all.
  • After the Ashes it's only fair to let the Aussies win something
  • Well done Jason a deserved winner. Disappointed that Jordan didn't quite pull it off but what a year he has had. At least Brooks Keopka sneaked into joint 5th so I broke even on the week.
  • fowler will win.....one day
  • thought Day was immense yesterday, knowing Speith was only 2 shorts behind, he attacked from the first hole, well done and well deserved.
  • LenGlover said:

Rory E/W @ 12/1 - not sure I could ignore that

I'm wearing my rose tinted glasses.
    A quarter the odds is better than none!
  • One thing that this year has shown is just what a good potential team the US has for the 2016 Ryder Cup. The Americans now hold 12 of the top 23 in the world rankings as follows - Spieth, Watson, Furyk, D Johnson, Fowler, Z Johnson, Walker, Kuchar, Koepka, Reed, J B Holmes, Horschel, and this doesn't include the likes of Phil or Tiger or improving young players such as Henley, Steele, Finau & English. At this rate we will do well to retain the cup over there in 2016.
  • RC is completely different kettle of fish- they are all quality golfers but the likes of Furyk, Watson and the Johnson's wouldn't worry the Europeans in RC format one bit
  • Kuchar each way just about got me a nice little profit. Great course, great golf but shite coverage with adverts every 5 feckin minutes!
  • Had Day, Rose and Speith e/w 7 places. Very nice!