Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A Solicitor required

Does anybody know of a good solicitor?

I am currently a victim of noise pollution from a neighbour and have now been threatened by the police for harassment!

I will be very grateful for any help with this.

Comments

• My professional advice is to stop posting shit and burning straw though their letterbox.

Leave their tyres and pets alone as well.
  • edited August 2015
    WSS said:

AFRAID NOT. SURE SOMEONE CAN HELP YOU THOUGH.

STOP SHOUTING OR I'LL HAVE YOU DONE FOR NOISE POLLUTION.
  • Why do you need a solicitor? To deal with the noise issue or the police issue?
  • it is a civil matter so why are the police involved?

• Why do you need a solicitor? To deal with the noise issue or the police issue?

With the noise issue as to how the landlord can be held responsible for their tenants, plus the police being involved for something that is deemed a civil matter.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

it is a civil matter so why are the police involved?

Harassment is a criminal matter.
  • bobmunro said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

it is a civil matter so why are the police involved?

Harassment is a criminal matter.
    yes but i read it as he harassed the police - so the point stands why did the police get involved when it is a civil matter. is that why they are saying it harassment?

oh im confused :)
  • Presumably you have contacted Bromley council about the noise issue ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Presumably you have contacted Bromley council about the noise issue ?

Presumably you have contacted Bromley council about the noise issue ?

Have inboxed you.
  • If the flat above has a leak from their bath waste into your flat, and there is a dispute as to how much damage has occurred and how much cost has been involved, and the flat above comes up with 'you can have £50 and that's it' what's to be done?

I have suggested this:

http://www.civilmediation.justice.gov.uk/

.....and await a reply (which may not happen).

I am prepared to pay £60 for an hours mediation, and of course the other party has to agree and pay £60 too, which is £10 more than the bone they wish to throw in my direction.

What is the situation if they don't respond to my offer to go to mediation?
  • seth plum said:

If the flat above has a leak from their bath waste into your flat, and there is a dispute as to how much damage has occurred and how much cost has been involved, and the flat above comes up with 'you can have £50 and that's it' what's to be done?

I have suggested this:

I am prepared to pay £60 for an hours mediation, and of course the other party has to agree and pay £60 too, which is £10 more than the bone they wish to throw in my direction.

If you are in a flat you presumably have a lease and it is normally the responsibility of the freeholder to insure the buildings. Your ceiling, wall etc would come into that category. Therefore contact the freeholder or freeholder's managing agents and bypass the dipstick completely.

If contents have been damaged claim on your own contents insurance but furnish full details as to how the damage occurred. Your insurance company can then pursue the twat should it so choose.

Number one daughter has had this scenario in the past and the above strategy worked very well with the arrogant cow who tried to fleece my daughter.
  • seth plum said:

If the flat above has a leak from their bath waste into your flat, and there is a dispute as to how much damage has occurred and how much cost has been involved, and the flat above comes up with 'you can have £50 and that's it' what's to be done?

I have suggested this:

chib the bastard
  • LenGlover said:

seth plum said:

I have suggested this:

If you are in a flat you presumably have a lease and it is normally the responsibility of the freeholder to insure the buildings. Your ceiling, wall etc would come into that category. Therefore contact the freeholder or freeholder's managing agents and bypass the dipstick completely.

If contents have been damaged claim on your own contents insurance but furnish full details as to how the damage occurred. Your insurance company can then pursue the twat should it so choose.

Number one daughter has had this scenario in the past and the above strategy worked very well with the arrogant cow who tried to fleece my daughter.
    Water damage excess is £2500 as it is part of a managed building. No contents as such have been affected, just infrastructure.
  • seth plum said:

LenGlover said:

seth plum said:

I have suggested this:

Water damage excess is £2500 as it is part of a managed building. No contents as such have been affected, just infrastructure.
    If the damage is less than the excess of £2,500 then the onus is still on the freeholder him or herself to meet the bill if it is a buildings insurance matter.

I accept that in reality there is a possibility that the freeholder may recoup later via a subsequent increase in maintenance /service charges but the principle holds good and it maybe quicker and less hassle for you to resolve the situation via that route.

The freeholder may well pursue the twat in the flat above and thus save you doing it!
  • I will have to pursue the buildings management company and freeholder then. I have been extremely polite and flexible in our email exchanges, but the owner of the flat above has been inflexible and not shifted one iota. I am hoping that independent mediation would be a fair way to settle things, otherwise I will shuffle forward through this matter, and if they eventually get a County Court Judgement against themselves, it will be their fault for not accepting my offer of using the independent viewpoint.
  • seth plum said:

I will have to pursue the buildings management company and freeholder then. I have been extremely polite and flexible in our email exchanges, but the owner of the flat above has been inflexible and not shifted one iota. I am hoping that independent mediation would be a fair way to settle things, otherwise I will shuffle forward through this matter, and if they eventually get a County Court Judgement against themselves, it will be their fault for not accepting my offer of using the independent viewpoint.

Or failing that, sh*t through their letterbox.
  • My case is because of noisy neighbours.
  • My case is because of noisy neighbours.

whatever you do, don't involve @seth plum .. you'll end up doing ten years ((:>)