Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peterborough train travel

Cheapest ticket option is the super off peak day return,price £15-00 from Kings Cross this ticket can be used only on the following trains.
Dep 15-35 Arrive 17-06
or earlier trains at 35 mins past the hour.
Return trains
21-46 Arrive 23-02
22-27 Arrive 23-55
22-44 Arrive 23-59

Also there may be strike action on London underground on the day.

Comments

• The super off peak day return must be purchased online on the Great Northern/ Thameslink/Southern website or trainline, tickets can be collected from the machines at Kings Cross.
  • I was looking at this lunch time.

The game KO's at 7.30, so could finish at 9.25.

But if it goes to extra time & pens, it could finish at 10.20 or even slightly later.

You would then have to dash back to the station (1 mile), to catch the last train at 22.44.

If you manage that, you've then got to get from Kings X at midnight, to London Victoria in my case, to catch the last train at 00.37. As there may well be a tube strike, you will be relying on buses or taxis.

It's not worth the stress for me.

• I was looking at this lunch time.

The game KO's at 7.30, so could finish at 9.25.

But if it goes to extra time & pens, it could finish at 10.20 or even slightly later.

You would then have to dash back to the station (1 mile), to catch the last train at 22.44.

If you manage that, you've then got to get from Kings X at midnight, to London Victoria in my case, to catch the last train at 00.37. As there may well be a tube strike, you will be relying on buses or taxis.

It's not worth the stress for me.

I'm looking at that, but will just cab it from kings x, easy
  • I'll be driving if I can get the day off work. Tube strike rules out the train for me.
  • Booked up, half day at work, boozing in town then on the half 3 out of kings X
  • edited August 2015
    Is there disruptions on the tubes today? I'd like to go to the game.
  • ozaddick said:

Is there disruptions on the tubes today? I'd like to go to the game.

The game is tomorrow Oz.