Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

6 games in...

Correct me if I am wrong here, but after 6 games in league and cup we have had 7 different players play 'up front' in one way or another i.e. TWWW, Big Mak, Reza, KAG, Igor, JoBerg and Comrade Kennedy and all 7 have got on the score sheet this season (I'm stretching it a bit with JoBerg as he was playing on the wing when he scored, but it was at least the same game as he started in attack).

I'm not sure what, if anything, it says about us, but in my 25+ years following Charlton we have had more than our fair share of goal-shy strikers so I reckon it must be a first to have so many off the mark this early in the season.

Comments

• Correct me if I am wrong here, but after 6 games in league and cup we have had 7 different players play 'up front' in one way or another i.e. TWWW, Big Mak, Reza, KAG, Igor, JoBerg and Comrade Kennedy and all 7 have got on the score sheet this season (I'm stretching it a bit with JoBerg as he was playing on the wing when he scored, but it was at least the same game as he started in attack).

I'm not sure what, if anything, it says about us, but in my 25+ years following Charlton we have had more than our fair share of goal-shy strikers so I reckon it must be a first to have so many off the mark this early in the season.

Just marvellous!
  • Also 9 different scorers, with both Fox and Kashi off the mark as well.
  • Halix said:

it's all going a bit too well for my peace of mind, as Charlton we know the light at the end of the tunnel is a bloody huge juggernaut.

I did think about starting a when will the wheels come of our season prediction thread but I didn't want to put a downer on the evening, but yeah - I've been around too long to be able to bring myself to expect this to last... but... you never know.

• Halix said:

it's all going a bit too well for my peace of mind, as Charlton we know the light at the end of the tunnel is a bloody huge juggernaut.

I did think about starting a when will the wheels come of our season prediction thread but I didn't want to put a downer on the evening, but yeah - I've been around too long to be able to bring myself to expect this to last... but... you never know.

We spent the entire League 1 Champions season being told by the media and other teams fans that we would not last the pace, we can do it again.
  • Just hope they all dont have a blip in front of goal at the same time
  • It would be great if Bauer could get off the mark as well, not because we need goals particularly but he's been a bit unlucky not to score already and frankly deserves to get on the score-sheet. Plus having that threat would be helpful in attacking set pieces - trying to deal with a unit like Makienok and a big lad like Bauer at the same time (with quality deliveries from Johan B. Gud) would not be a prospect any team would relish.