Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• That's Showbusiness....
  • Who knows. But it's old news.
  • WSSWSS
    edited August 2015

Who knows. But it's old news.

The press release from the club that that article was based on, was today it seems.
  • Maybe that's how much the other guy paid for Standard?
  • edited August 2015
    WSS said:

Who knows. But it's old news.

The press release from the club that that article was based on, was today it seems.
    No doubt, but someone like Skywalker/one of our Belgians, put it on here a long time ago (just saying).
  • Maybe that's how much the other guy paid for Standard?

Pretty sure the new guy admitted he could never afford to buy the club shortly before Roland "sold" it to him. Maybe this was a part of the settlement

• Basically the E20m he took out in 2013 bought Charlton, and the E10m he withdrew this year bought Bauer, Kashi, Bergdich, Makienok, Ba, and Sarr!
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks like it was a redemption of preference shares, so expected. He didn't steal it out of petty cash
  • Probably why they never gave us Bulot!
  • Addicted said:

Looks like it was a redemption of preference shares, so expected. He didn't steal it out of petty cash

Yeah, that was my line, too.
  • So, are we saying that he "took" money from them in the same way that I will be "taking" money from my firm this month - ie it's money I'm owed (in wages)?
  • Probably why they never gave us Bulot!

That would match the rumours that the deal didn't happen due to friction as an outcome of some previous financial stuff.. everyone assumed it was the Tony Watt deal, but this would make more sense.
  • edited August 2015
    The club press release said that the new owner, Venanzi, was informed RD was doing this and that the sale price of the club was "influenced" by it. The press release was made today, under the auspices of the new owner.

It looks like some people in Belgium try to read the worst interpretation possible into everything RD does.

Edit: "montant de rachat" = purchase price, that's all.
  • Any headlines about how much RD put into Standard during his period of ownership?

#justasking
  • Silly me I thought the sale of Gomez and Wiggins pad for this summer's signings?
  • Hope he changed it into sterling as soon as he got it.
  • WSS said:

I can't compete against The Force to be fair.

Skywalker or NLA ?
    The balls are big on this one!! :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope he changed it into sterling as soon as he got it.

No chance, he's just settling at City.
  • Exactly the cost of repairing the car park potholes. He's no mug.
  • Not too much additional information out here in Belgium for the moment. Belgian journalists don't really bother explaining things or giving details. They just want headlines.
  • I'm hoping by the time he sells us, we will be a established Premier League team again.
  • He cashed in his preference shares, which in laymen's terms are effectively a loan, so nothing to see here.