Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sent Off For Two Bookable Tackles In The Same Phase Of Play

That is what's just happened to Baird of N. Ireland. And the ref was spot on too having played the advantage for the first foul.

Anyone recall seeing this before?

Comments

• I assume the ref was correct. However it feels a bit odd as one purpose of a yellow card is to warn you as to your future conduct and you cannot take that on board until the first booking is given
  • Was so stupid from Baird...

Almost like Djimi Traore for us against West Ham, gave away a free kick got booked, then decided to kick the ball away when West Ham were getting ready to take it so got the second yellow
  • I was going loopy about it until I saw the replay...silly Baird.

Still, got a result on the end and still top of the group.
  • second challenge warranted a red anyway so he can't have any complaints.

i was more offended by the Hungary keeper's tracksuit bottoms.
  • Macronate said:

second challenge warranted a red anyway so he can't have any complaints.

i was more offended by the Hungary keeper's tracksuit bottoms.

It could be worse. He might have once played for Palace.
  • Once the red mist descends, you lose total control of your senses, been there, done it and you get what you deserve.
  • edited September 2015
    I was slow enough, didn't need any track suit bottoms. Mind you used to tell the ref I got there as quick as I could which never got me anywhere :wink:
  • I've never seen it before. But I think the ref was correct.
  • Classic Baird.

Good refereeing though - took the time to explain it a couple of times to the players too apparently.
  • Sponsored links:

• I though the referee was superb last night. I think he only made one error, and I can't even recall what that was. My Norn Iron fanatic mate I was watching with agreed wholeheartedly with the double yellow, once we worked out what it was all about.