Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reading v Ipswich

Anybody watching?

Cracking game so far, Reading 2-1 up after 15 minutes.

Reading's new strike force or Matej Vydra and Orlando Sa look a right handful. Two goals so far for Sa.

Comments

• I'll catch the last half hour, only half way through Eastenders and another episode of Corre to go yet :blush:
  • Vydra is a cracking signing.
  • I assume it's The X Factor repeat at 3 pm tomorrow then eh @RedChaser :-)
  • I assume it's The X Factor repeat at 3 pm tomorrow then eh @RedChaser :-)

Ha, you nearly had me there, gonna have to give X Factor a miss :wink:
  • cracking first half..both good attacking sides....but defence's are both very uncomfortable....agree that Vydra is a cracking signing for Reading and McGoldrich is all over the pitch and involved in everything for Ipswich
  • Great third goal for Reading.
  • We could do with a left winger like that.
  • edited September 2015
    Yes. Must say I'm very unimpressed with Ipswich considering they could go top tonight.

On this evidence we have nothing to fear..
  • and now its 4-1
  • Hat-trick for Sa.
  • Sponsored links:

• Reading very impressive tonight and still 10 mins or so left
  • Cracking goal!! 5-1
  • Wow, Reading ain't playing.
  • edited September 2015
    Reading making a bit of a statement with this scoreline. Hoping we can match them and put five past Rotherham tomorrow. :-)
  • As impressive as Reading were, they are but another team gambling on getting to the top flight for next seasons bumper tv deal. I mean come on, £2.5m on a loan fee? Unfortunately, I believe this will only get worse and will also be of detriment to League 1 clubs trying to compete. Yo-yo clubs will not be Prem>Champ any more but Champ>L1.
  • edited September 2015
    I thought Reading were ordinary despite the scoreline but talent upfront wins you matches. Good possession by Ipswich and McGoldrick everywhere. Prefer any of our back five to theirs.
  • WOW. never would have predicted that scoreline!? Had to check twice.
  • Had to look to see if Ipswich went down to 10 men! Work with an Ipswich fan who went - he wasn't expecting that! Also saw that Ipswich had 57% possession - yet again shows its what you do with the ball when you've got it...
  • Reading didn't look that good so it's even more telling on Ipswich
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2015
    Managed to catch the 2nd half, Reading very dangerous in the final third with their recent forward acquisitions. Ipswich keeper Gurkin and a CB got in a terrible 'after you Claude' moment for Reading's 3rd (still a great finish by Blackman) and it was game over. Breakaway for Reding's 4th which saw Bera turned inside out by Blackman who passed to Orlando Sa to tap in and a wonder strike by Norwood for number 5 which had Gurkin admiring it into the top corner. Ex Spanner MM acknowledged his team was too expansive and needs to go back to basics and Steve Clarke of Reading did not see it as a 5-1 result.

We need to be on top defensive form away to the Royals next month on this showing and have the wherewithal to break down the Tractor Boys in the Sky TV offering at the end of November.
  • edited September 2015
    Reading benefitted from indifferent defending by Ipswich...they weren't that good...they won't win games that easily against most teams in the division...in fact, they won't win many games once teams get more match fit and a little bit more sharper
  • andyg90 said:

As impressive as Reading were, they are but another team gambling on getting to the top flight for next seasons bumper tv deal. I mean come on, £2.5m on a loan fee? Unfortunately, I believe this will only get worse and will also be of detriment to League 1 clubs trying to compete. Yo-yo clubs will not be Prem>Champ any more but Champ>L1.

Financial Fair Play will stop all this....