Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Burnley away(19/12/15) advance purchase train tickets

Virgin have just released the tickets for one of the better away days.

The 7.30(to Preston) from Euston costs £16 with the 8.00 9.00 and 10.00 being £22, although the latter three trains mean a 20 minute walk from Piccadilly to Victoria stations.

The 18.14 from Burnley(to Preston) costs £16

All prices are before any railcard discounts.

The Bridge Bier Huis in the town centre is great for both lager and ale lovers. The Burnley Miners Club five minutes from the ground is also worth a visit for VERY cheap drinks. There is another boozer opposite Manchester Road station, this is a real ale paradise, nice pub though even for a lager drinker like me.

Stopping off in Preston, The Old Vic at the top of the station approach is very acceptable.

Comments

• Anyone going to this the weekend before Christmas deserves a medal.
  • You know how long the train journey is roughly mate?
  • You know how long the train journey is roughly mate?

About 3 1/2 hours with the change at Preston, follow the link below.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/
  • We will be lucky to get 200 up for this
    And if our current form continues could be 100
  • Anyone going to this the weekend before Christmas deserves a medal.

What better excuse to get out of the hellish last Saturday before Christmas shopping madness!
  • My son is desperate to go to this one, no idea why.
  • Just booked my ticket. 10.00 out of Euston via Manchester, 18.14 back via Preston. £25 total with a 16-25 railcard.
  • Definitely think we can sell a 4 seat with a table for this one
  • We will be lucky to get 200 up for this
    And if our current form continues could be 100

Oh ye of little faith.

We'll have turned things around by then and we'll be flying.

Will have about 300.
  • Sponsored links:

• anyone doing this really does deserve a medal I done Blackburn away a couple of seasons back 3 days before Christmas and I think there was 268 Charlton fans.
  • Booked, so at least three of us will be there.

Need this one for my 92 (and, depressingly Bristol City the following week).
  • I fancy this. My only concern is it getting postponed.
  • I fancy this. My only concern is it getting postponed.

Wouldn't they have under soil heating from their time in the prem ?
  • Burnley does have undersoil heating
  • Burnley does have undersoil heating

Bugger, cross that excuse off the list then.
  • Virgin have just released the tickets for one of the better away days.

The 7.30(to Preston) from Euston costs £16 with the 8.00 9.00 and 10.00 being £22, although the latter three trains mean a 20 minute walk from Piccadilly to Victoria stations.

The Bridge Bier Huis in the town centre is great for both lager and ale lovers. The Burnley Miners Club five minutes from the ground is also worth a visit for VERY cheap drinks. There is another boozer opposite Manchester Road station, this is a real ale paradise, nice pub though even for a lager drinker like me.

Stopping off in Preston, The Old Vic at the top of the station approach is very acceptable.

Thanks EA. My tickets were £5.60 each way out of Coventry using a Railcard! See you there.
  • Ketts said:

Virgin have just released the tickets for one of the better away days.

Thanks EA. My tickets were £5.60 each way out of Coventry using a Railcard! See you there.
    I'm going with you in future!
  • Booked mine.

Done it slightly differently. Advance single to Preston £15.00. Return from Burnley to Euston via Prston £16.00. Will buy a single to Burnley from Preston on the day - £9.00. Can't be bothered to walk from Picadilly to Victoria in Manchester.
  • edited September 2015

Booked mine.

Done it slightly differently. Advance single to Preston £15.00. Return from Burnley to Euston via Prston £16.00. Will buy a single to Burnley from Preston on the day - £9.00. Can't be bothered to walk from Picadilly to Victoria in Manchester.

We're doing the walk @Clem_Snide - is it long/complicated ? Don't know Manchester too well
  • Sponsored links:

• Jump a tram, takes about 3 mins
  • se9addick said:

Booked mine.

We're doing the walk @Clem_Snide - is it long/complicated ? Don't know Manchester too well
    Was about a 15-20min walk the last time I did it. Not too bad I'm just lazy!
  • Jump a tram, takes about 3 mins

se9addick said:

Booked mine.

Was about a 15-20min walk the last time I did it. Not too bad I'm just lazy!
    Cool, cheers gents
  • Reckon we should make this a Charlton Life xmas party.

Whose up for it and I'll arrange the meet/boozer.
  • It's the game closest to my birthday....do i really want to drink in Burnley?

When else will you get to taunt Alastair Campbell?

Probably closest place to the ground
  • Booked 9.00am from Euston, 18.14 coming back.
  • Just booked this up, my record off weekend before Xmas is not great.

12/13 -S Wed - Lost
    13/14 - Bolton Draw
    14/15 - Blackburn - Lost

• se9addick said:

I fancy this. My only concern is it getting postponed.

Wouldn't they have under soil heating from their time in the prem ?
    it's not so much that but the stands/roads outside being frozen that tend to effect more