Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Would you take Mourinho as Charlton boss?

Comments

• I'll have him as cheerleader
  • No chance, past his best.
  • On the b of the bang
  • Would you give Kate Upton a chance to be your next girlfriend?
  • Is this a genuine question?
  • Is this a genuine question?

Check the category
  • No... He's a Manager who can do a job when he's got money, when he doesnt get a transfer kitty, he fails
  • No... He's a Manager who can do a job when he's got money, when he doesnt get a transfer kitty, he fails

Exactly!

Another reason why Arsenal fans should be so thankful they've got Arsene Wenger, out of all the Managers that have been involved in the top four over recent seasons (Yes even Alex Ferguson), he is the only one who can constantly get his team into a challenging position without spending any money... Never seen any Manager from: Chelsea / Man Utd / Man City / Liverpool do this
  • Course I would. Would quite like it if he had 6 months off first though to rest and recuperate a bit though, he's looking pretty wired at the moment!
  • Sponsored links:

Porto ?

• edited October 2015

No... He's a Manager who can do a job when he's got money, when he doesnt get a transfer kitty, he fails

Porto ?

When did they not win the Portuguese League... and when they won the Champions League he ran away to Chelsea (Because at that time you cant say that Chelsea were the bigger side)

Yeah, like that time when he had the billions of Uniao de Leiria and took them to third in the league. It was basically cheating. And when he won the Champions League with the financial giants that are Porto. Plucky little Man Utd did their best but it was just a financial mismatch in the end.

Out of interest, what moneyless failures are you referring to in particular?

Porto ?

When did they not win the Portuguese League... and when they won the Champions League he ran away to Chelsea (Because at that time you cant say that Chelsea were the bigger side)
    Won the champions league with a side that probably cost about as much as our side in 2004 was assembled for.

Yeah, like that time when he had the billions of Uniao de Leiria and took them to third in the league. It was basically cheating. And when he won the Champions League with the financial giants that are Porto. Plucky little Man Utd did their best but it was just a financial mismatch in the end.

He was only in charge of Uniao for 20 matches with a 45% win rate.

He won Serie A whilst Juventus were recovering from their Serie B ban and was dominated by Pep Guardiola when @ Real Madrid

Porto ?

The three years before and year after he was there. Just as an example.
  • Mouriniho or Luzon. Mmm tough one that.!
  • MrLargo said:

No... He's a Manager who can do a job when he's got money, when he doesnt get a transfer kitty, he fails

Porto ?

Won the champions league with a side that probably cost about as much as our side in 2004 was assembled for.
    Yes they beat Man Utd (During their heavy Quinton Fortune days) but lost to Real Madrid group stages... their other wins were:

Partizan / Marseille in the Groups

Lyon / Deportivo / Monaco in the Round robin

Not the hardest of routes
  • Just want it known as think my comments are getting lost in translation... I do not think that Mourinho is a bad Manager, I do admire what he has achieved BUT.

At the same time I believe he runs away when the going gets tough, when he knows he cant equal or better an achievement because it could ruin the reputation he's created for himself.

Its for that reason he'd fail at a normal club in a challenging league (Like an English club outside the top group of teams) because he couldnt do it.

Like when he subbed Matic today... Not once did he pull him aside and explain why he'd taken him off in which is the most humiliating scenario for a Footballer who isnt injured
  • Sponsored links:

He won Serie A whilst Juventus were recovering from their Serie B ban and was dominated by Pep Guardiola when @ Real Madrid
    Come on, you are kidding right? Do you know what league Leiria are in right now? The third division. He was only at Leiria for 20 games because he was headhunted by Porto due to the ridiculously good job he did with a small club. For a club of that size a 45% win rate is superb. They were above Porto - who apparently always win the league - when he left. With Inter he won Serie A and the Champions League which you conveniently forgot (beating Pep Guardiola's holders Barcelona along the way. Don't think Pep dominated him then). Plus he won la Liga in 2011/2. Fun fact: Barce spent more than Real that season!

It's almost like you don't like the bloke..
  • edited October 2015

Come on, you are kidding right? Do you know what league Leiria are in right now? The third division. He was only at Leiria for 20 games because he was headhunted by Porto due to the ridiculously good job he did with a small club. For a club of that size a 45% win rate is superb. They were above Porto - who apparently always win the league - when he left. With Inter he won Serie A and the Champions League which you conveniently forgot (beating Pep Guardiola's holders Barcelona along the way. Don't think Pep dominated him then). Plus he won la Liga in 2011/2. Fun fact: Barce spent more than Real that season!

It's almost like you don't like the bloke..
    See my last comment... Got nothing against him, just have a different opinion towards him than everyone else
  • I think we love our club doctor too much for that…
  • Just want it known as think my comments are getting lost in translation... I do not think that Mourinho is a bad Manager, I do admire what he has achieved BUT.

At the same time I believe he runs away when the going gets tough, when he knows he cant equal or better an achievement because it could ruin the reputation he's created for himself.

Its for that reason he'd fail at a normal club in a challenging league (Like an English club outside the top group of teams) because he couldnt do it.

Like when he subbed Matic today... Not once did he pull him aside and explain why he'd taken him off in which is the most humiliating scenario for a Footballer who isnt injured

So what you're saying is Jose Mourinho, a manager who has managed a team outside of the elite once - and did such a good job he was then employed by an elite club - would fail if he wasn't in charge of a top club, even though he's won just about every trophy he's competed for. OK, that's an opinion. You're welcome to it. I don't agree, managers don't end up in charge of top clubs by lottery, they earn the right to be there through their successes, but I guess we'll never know the answer unless he rocks up at West Brom or ends up in some kind of Freaky Friday situation with Tim Sherwood

Still a bit lost on your claim that 'when he doesnt get a transfer kitty, he fails' though. Think that one might not be true.

So what you're saying is Jose Mourinho, a manager who has managed a team outside of the elite once - and did such a good job he was then employed by an elite club - would fail if he wasn't in charge of a top club, even though he's won just about every trophy he's competed for. OK, that's an opinion. You're welcome to it. I don't agree, managers don't end up in charge of top clubs by lottery, they earn the right to be there through their successes, but I guess we'll never know the answer unless he rocks up at West Brom or ends up in some kind of Freaky Friday situation with Tim Sherwood

Still a bit lost on your claim that 'when he doesnt get a transfer kitty, he fails' though. Think that one might not be true.
    I believe that he has now become blinded by his success... Hubris has become his own worst enemy
  • edited October 2015
    Anybody a top team would take, we should take but it is a bit of a hypothetical question. As a general observation, the treatment of the woman doctor was a disgrace and due to him looking for a scapegoat, and I believe the cloud it has created is not helping their current cause.