Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lloyd Doyley on trial

Mentioned in the big summer rumours thread, but Watfords Lloyd Doyley has been training with us

Comments

• 32 but wasn't offered a new contract this summer at Watford
  • Give me aa unproven foreigner over this bloke any day. The last time I see him he was useless.
  • Meantime Cov sign Joe Cole
  • edited October 2015
    Good defender but very poor on the ball.

Old fashioned defender who would get the job done without a lot of fuss but as I say not the most realiable in possession .
  • We need players, he is experienced and a Watford fan reckons he will get the job done... Good enough for me.

Roger Johnson MKii
  • We need players, he is experienced and a Watford fan reckons he will get the job done... Good enough for me.

Roger Johnson MKii

I'd rather Johnson Mk1, who's played at a higher level and seemed a bit quicker!
  • No thanks
  • Don't rate him, OK back in the day now OK would be a compliment to him. And he looks like a stoned Lemar.
  • Harriot ruined him on his last trip to The Valley

Most Watford fans love him but reckon he is finished.
  • Sponsored links:

• Awful player. Cheapest player available no doubt.
  • Not the only senior out of contract pro training with us.

Maybe we're doing our February business early : - )

I'm going to really annoy you by quoting you and then stating...not bovvvvverd.

I'm going to really annoy you by quoting you and then stating...not bovvvvverd.
    No, you're not : - )
  • You moan that you want English players that have played in the championship, then you moan that when we might only might sign him it's no good. God Charlton can't seem to do anything right with out being moaned at.

Who's this "you" you speak of?
  • Bloody hell. Really? He's nowhere near good enough and hasn't been for a good five years now.
  • You moan that you want English players that have played in the championship, then you moan that when we might only might sign him it's no good. God Charlton can't seem to do anything right with out being moaned at.

Have you seen Doyley play recently?
  • Terrible footballer!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• He's presumably being looked at for back up. Don't panic people!
  • edited October 2015
    He probably is relieved to get away from everyone speaking Italian, and being one of the few Brits at Watfords training ground, boy is he in for a shock.
  • No idea whether this fella can still do the business or not, I thought he'd retired years ago.
  • edited October 2015

Not the only senior out of contract pro training with us.

Who are the other ones? (or one?)
  • Shola ameobi

Roger Johnson MKii

I'd rather Johnson Mk1, who's played at a higher level and seemed a bit quicker!
    I thought Johnson looked our slowest CB last season. Isn't Doyley more of a RB that can play CB? Probably being looked at as cover for Solly rather than 4th choice CB.
  • dickplumb said:

He is only on trial, if he is not good cheap enough we don't sign him.

• Written off on trial. Classic.