Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Headphone jack stuck in hole

edited October 2015 in Troubleshooting
Anyone have any idea how to get a small piece of a headphone jack out of the hole on the PC without taking it apart?

Comments

• Is this a euphemism?

I wish it was :disappointed:
  • How a bout bit of blu tac or plasticine. Might 'grab' the little part and pull it out.
  • I've used tweezers successfully in the past.

Failing that, a small tooth pick sized shard of plastic with a flat end - rub it with sandpaper, clean, then add a drop of super glue on the end, then attach it to inserted piece of headphone.

• It is in rather deep and only the head that has broken off

12 minutes and no smutty comment from DaveMehmet......
  • Unscrew the back then and get it out that way - not too tricky to do.
  • Sponsored links:

• A f$&k off big magnet. It's the only way to get it out without damaging any other components on your laptop.

Sounds painful.
  • 1StevieG said:

A f$&k off big magnet. It's the only way to get it out without damaging any other components on your laptop.

Apart from the hard disk..
    Whoosh
  • Headphones Norm's brother?
  • Have you googled ?
  • Tweezers don't fit can't find anything else small enough
  • How about something like a match with super glue on the end. Let it bond then try pulling it out.
  • It happened to my daughters mac. I had to use a micro drill bit attached to a normal electric drill and then once it was in deep enough pulled the drill bit out with pliers along with the broken jack.
  • It happened to my daughters mac. I had to use a micro drill bit attached to a normal electric drill and then once it was in deep enough pulled the drill bit out with pliers along with the broken jack.

I might try that, I tried screwing a screw in that didn't work. Thanks
  • Sponsored links:

• I misread this as Headphones Norm stuck in hole. Might explain why I didn't see him at Reading
  • edited October 2015

Tweezers don't fit can't find anything else small enough

Dave Mehmet's knob? ;-)
  • Tweezers don't fit can't find anything else small enough

Dave Mehmet's knob? ;-)
    Paul Benson's head ?

( Sorry, Paul)
  • My iPhone wasn't charging and it was because of so much fluff and other crap in there.

You can get cans of compressed air from Maplins and it just blew everything out and it was fine again. Might be worth a try? (Depends on how wedged in it is though)
  • @sadiejane1981 - you said PC, so I'm guessing desk top? Can't you just use the socket for the headphones jack round the back of the machine?
  • It's PC gone mad I tell you
  • cafcfan said:

@sadiejane1981 - you said PC, so I'm guessing desk top? Can't you just use the socket for the headphones jack round the back of the machine?

Wasn't aware there was one?
  • edited October 2015

cafcfan said:

@sadiejane1981 - you said PC, so I'm guessing desk top? Can't you just use the socket for the headphones jack round the back of the machine?

Wasn't aware there was one?
    The green plug at the back is for speakers or headphones. But you may already have your speakers using it?

You may need to go to sound properties to enable speaker out at the rear plug.

@sadiejane1981 Edited to add: or buy something like this ebuyer.com/208980-dynamode-usb-soundcard-usb-soundcard2-0 for £4 to convert an unused USB port to a headphone socket?

(Although that looks a little fat to me so you'd have to be careful if there were other USB outlets abutting it.)
  • I had a bit of paper stuck in an iPhone jack once. I used a paper clip to get it out. But I somehow managed to mess something up, the iPhone went super hot, the battery couldn't handle it and the iPhone broke. Beyond that, I don't really have much to add.
  • Put glue (a small bit) on the end of the headphones jack that it came off of in the 1st place.

Stick it in and wait for the glue to settle then just pull it out.