Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Train disruption for Brentford 24/10/15 (Plumstead to Dartford bus replacement)

People are probably used to this by now, but just in case anyone is unaware . . .

Planned engineering work will take place.
Between Plumstead and Slade Green
From 04:00, Saturday 24 October 2015 to 02:00, Monday 26 October 2015.
All lines will be blocked.
All services will be replaced by buses between Plumstead and Dartford. .
Services between London and Gillingham will be diverted via Bexleyheath, in both directions. .
Customer Advice:
As a result of these works, passengers may use Docklands Light Railway between Lewisham & Greenwich, at no extra cost.
Additional Information:
Please note that Charing Cross & Waterloo East will be closed due to engineering works. All services will operate to/from London Cannon Street.

Comments

• what's the easiest way to get from north Greenwich to Charlton bus or how long is the walk?
  • edited October 2015
    actually looking at the national rail site will I be able to go from London bridge to Charlton and back to London bridge after?
  • edited October 2015

what's the easiest way to get from north Greenwich to Charlton bus or how long is the walk?

Bus is easy 486 0r 161 about 10 minutes travel. 472 as well i think.
  • actually looking at the national rail site will I be able to go from London bridge to Charlton and back to London bridge after?

Yes, trains leave London bridge at 11, 27, 41 and 57 past the hour.

It'll be rammed at Charlton station afterwards mind you, with all the Brentford fans as well
  • actually looking at the national rail site will I be able to go from London bridge to Charlton and back to London bridge after?

Yes
  • what's the easiest way to get from north Greenwich to Charlton bus or how long is the walk?

Walking is about 2-miles... Took me about 20-mins but I did jog a lot of the way and was in work shoes at the time
  • Went up that line last Saturday, trains were fine. The Fat Controller must be a Millwall fan.

Walking is about 2-miles... Took me about 20-mins but I did jog a lot of the way and was in work shoes at the time
    How long would it take Tony Watt? That'll be a more realistic comparison with the average Charlton fan...

It'll be rammed at Charlton station afterwards mind you, with all the Brentford fans as well
    That's why I always stay in the Bugle Horn after, let the crowds die down. Mind you, that usually means I'm dying for a slash by the time I get to London Bridge.
  • hawksmoor said:

actually looking at the national rail site will I be able to go from London bridge to Charlton and back to London bridge after?

That's why I always stay in the Bugle Horn after, let the crowds die down. Mind you, that usually means I'm dying for a slash by the time I get to London Bridge.
    Can't you piss out of the window as the trains passes The New Den!
  • Sponsored links:

• Good bloody call, killer. I'll save it for that.
  • cheers all for the heads up
  • hawksmoor said:

That would be impressive as the only windows are at the top of the carriage.
  • iaitch said:

hawksmoor said:

That would be impressive as the only windows are at the top of the carriage.
    That's what handstands were invented for

Took me 35 mins to walk, but I am over 60 and slow