Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Good piece in the SLP this morning (Paul Mortimer Speaks Out)

Comments

• Morts was on Twitter at the weekend airing his views. Gary Nelson was also doing the same
  • That article sums up perfectly what every fan feels right now
    What I can't believe is that rd can't see the need for a real leader with knowledge and experience in the championship
    That would at least get the fans onside again
    He may be tucked away in Belgium but his puppet is not
    Is she to scared to speak her mind??
    Or is she totally brainwashed by him on his bullshit ways to run our once great club
  • Sponsored links:

• PeteF said:

3blokes said:

That piece says it all. Charlton is in a complete shambles whatever the owners try to tell us.

Total shambles, run by a clueless regime with no care for anything other than a balance sheet, this will get a lot worse I fear.
    This is the bit that continues to confuse me about the whole situation.

They care about the balance sheet so badly, yet seem perfectly happy for attendances to fall, supporters to be unhappy etc so seem happy to lose the easy money.

Give the supporters something to get behind, make them feel valued and they instantly increase ticket revenue and then as a knock on effect secondary spend at The Valley. Just so confusing.
    Totally agree, it's bizarre.
  • It is stubboness. Nothing more or less. If anyone has ever bothered to read any of the online stuff about RD and his rise to prominence then that is clear.

I am afraid this Belgian is not for turning...
  • Is he no longer the Coach for the Women's side?
  • I am stunned by the Trusts reference to not protesting for the sake of it but making sure it is " well crafted" ! So they are going to give Katrien a jolly good, no holds barred serious talking to, presumably over Bovril and pie! As we have seen this sought of approach has worked wonders in last two years.

Since when has the average Charlton fan protested for the sake of it?! The trust should be leading this protest but clearly are not going to.
  • It is stubboness. Nothing more or less. If anyone has ever bothered to read any of the online stuff about RD and his rise to prominence then that is clear.

I am afraid this Belgian is not for turning...

It's true. He has the skin of a rhino.

The only way out is for a dramatic upturn in results with a manager than galvanises the players and fans. If that's Fraeye then so be it - but time is running out to get it right or we'll be in the 3rd tier.

The fact is he is unlikely to just sell up quickly as nobody will want to buy a club in the current state and he'll make a loss.
  • IAgree said:

I am stunned by the Trusts reference to not protesting for the sake of it but making sure it is " well crafted" ! So they are going to give Katrien a jolly good, no holds barred serious talking to, presumably over Bovril and pie! As we have seen this sought of approach has worked wonders in last two years.

Since when has the average Charlton fan protested for the sake of it?! The trust should be leading this protest but clearly are not going to.

Are you a Trust member ? Are you going to the AGM ?
  • i've started another thread for the Trust angle in the article.
  • Sponsored links:

• Remember Andy Hughes on talksport about a year ago talking about RD and Hughesy said he "hoped he knew what RD was doing" but there was a lot of doubt in Hughesy's voice.
  • PeteF said:

3blokes said:

That piece says it all. Charlton is in a complete shambles whatever the owners try to tell us.

Total shambles, run by a clueless regime with no care for anything other than a balance sheet, this will get a lot worse I fear.
    This is the bit that continues to confuse me about the whole situation.

They care about the balance sheet so badly, yet seem perfectly happy for attendances to fall, supporters to be unhappy etc so seem happy to lose the easy money.

Give the supporters something to get behind, make them feel valued and they instantly increase ticket revenue and then as a knock on effect secondary spend at The Valley. Just so confusing.
    If your main thing is balancing the books, rather than investing in the team or being interested in getting promotion, , then getting relegated to League One would help that to happen. Gates would fall that is true, but the costs of players would fall much faster, making it easier to balance the books. Then you only need to sell one or two players and you can show that you have been successful.

The extra revenue from a few thousand fans and their pies would come nowhere close to financing a promotion push in the Championship unfortunately.
  • Another "ex-employee" so his views don't count.

Yes, that's what Meire told me.
  • I need to change my name to the present tense! Good, strong words from a legend.

Can I buy your username? :wink:

My family sponsored him for a couple of seasons and he was such a lovely guy.
  • Brilliant read, well done Mr. Morts. Absolutely nailed it.
  • Morts, the legend or the pitch is almost as good in the media. I can only conclude that this isn't down to money, in fact such is his wealth that losing a few million here and there would have little to no impact to a man like RD, he probably writes it off against his tax liability. He hasn't skimped on the training ground or the Valley Pitch and has thrown good money at some decent signings. I suspect that he just has it in his head that he can run a network of clubs in a certain way and is determined to make it work. He is Frankenstien and we are his monster.
  • Well.done Morts you tell them!!! A legend