Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wednesday set sights on promotion to PL.

Comments

• Options
    Good result for Wednesday shows what can happen if you put your mind to it, I don't necessarily think Wednesday's sqaud is better than ours?, if we would of beaten palace we would be heading to Manchester city tonight. Agreed with others hillsbrough is probably my favourite ground in the championship, it's old school compared to the flat pack grounds of Derby, reading, Brighton.
  • Options
    Maybe if we charged £500 a season ticket or £39 a match we could afford a bigger squad to deal with injuries and match what wendies are doing. Signed hopper yesterday to.having £200 season tickets hasn't increased our attendance.
  • Options

Maybe if we charged £500 a season ticket or £39 a match we could afford a bigger squad to deal with injuries and match what wendies are doing. Signed hopper yesterday to.having £200 season tickets hasn't increased our attendance.

Charlton should be paying us to come and watch.
  • Options
    well done Wendies
  • Options

25 quid last night 5 quid for kids.

Those price hikes were put into category's we haven't hit the top one yet because the owner has realised it was a bit of a balls up ..and those prices are for the most expensive seats

Wednesday didn't even have our best two players last night with a kid in the net too .

Feeling good .
  • Options
    They will tear us a new one on the 7th :(
  • Options
    kid who I work with said it was £33 in south stand piggy. But I don't give a fuck about your club. My point is our club has season ticket prices as cheap as non league clubs.we then only have a squad of a non league club. We even send players out on loan to balance the books and don't recall them with a injury crisis.The cheap ticket prices hasn't improved the attendances.higher ticket prices will give more investment in team and improved results. A winning team attracts fans a losing team doesn't attract fans however cheap the tickets. Wednesday are a good example my brother in law didn't renew his Wednesday season ticket for him and his kids be cause of increase in price l bet he gets a half season ticket if Wednesday are still winning.
  • Options
    Sorry yes ur are correct it was 30 odd quid for non season ticket holders in the south stand but that's the most expensive stand ..kop was much cheaper if he wanted cheap tickets.
    I hope charlton get out of the mess bcz I don't mind charlton one bit, always had a soft spot going back to the mid to late 80s.

• Options
    Only some our our seats are 'cheap', my season ticket was £525 this year. It used to be quite full around us in the Lower West, but now many seats are empty.

How great it would be if our owner spent a bit more on players, so that we could fill up our stadium and have the atmosphere that Sheffield Wednesday had last night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And a performance like last night too.
  • Options

That graph is laughable, we've just had our worst time in our history in the last 10 - 15 years, things are about to be corrected now.

To be fair, that graph includes our worst season for 40 years or something like that.
  • Options

Afternoon folks.

Sorry to see you're going through the shit with your owner, hopefully you can find a way of getting out of it and remain intact without having to be dragged back down.

Looking forward to our trip down next week, we've sold 2,300 or so not quite Leeds standard but could be worse.

how's the city centre rail renewal on the tram going .. or is Hillsborough still cut off from the rest of the city ? .. ((:>)
  • Options
    All sorted now fella
  • Options

Afternoon folks.

Sorry to see you're going through the shit with your owner, hopefully you can find a way of getting out of it and remain intact without having to be dragged back down.

Looking forward to our trip down next week, we've sold 2,300 or so not quite Leeds standard but could be worse.

Very gracious of you sir.

Would be MASSIVE if we could take the three points off you. We're definitely capable but right now it's a very big if...
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Will the two fatties and their dad be gracing us with their presence in the north upper this season of have they found a weightwatchers?
  • Options

Afternoon folks.

You'll probably have a few less than us then.
  • Options
    Out of interest how many fans did Fulham and Brentford bring to the Valley?
  • Options
    edited October 2015
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Don't have exact figure but Fulham was roughly 1800(TV game). Brentford about 2,200
  • Options

Sorry can't give you this information , I'm boycotting buying our programmes
    #rolandout
  • Options

Exact figures
    Fulham 1283
    Brentford 1638
  • Options

Exact figures
    Fulham 1283
    Brentford 1638
    My god as low as that?
  • Options
    edited November 2015

kid who I work with said it was £33 in south stand piggy. But I don't give a fuck about your club. My point is our club has season ticket prices as cheap as non league clubs.we then only have a squad of a non league club. We even send players out on loan to balance the books and don't recall them with a injury crisis.The cheap ticket prices hasn't improved the attendances.higher ticket prices will give more investment in team and improved results. A winning team attracts fans a losing team doesn't attract fans however cheap the tickets. Wednesday are a good example my brother in law didn't renew his Wednesday season ticket for him and his kids be cause of increase in price l bet he gets a half season ticket if Wednesday are still winning.

You are overestimating the extra revenue that could be gained from higher ticket prices. Even if every ticket was on average £6 dearer per match - which isn't likely considering kids currently pay £5 and £10, and this would equate to a £138 increase on season tickets, including juniors - and the higher prices had no effect on the volume of sales, the extra revenue net of VAT would be 23 x 5 x 14000, or £1.6m, at best. In practice you would get much less, because fewer would buy and 14000 is already pushing it.
  • Options
    Wonder what the Massives thought of the game and protests?
  • Options
    Piggy's very quiet
  • Options
    Promotion? Not with that team.

2pts from 33 & no goals in 7 hours, and we flummoxed them by playing a simple 4-4-2 Diamond system.

The coach looked like a "rabbit caught in headlights". Why didn't he adjust or change his system when it was clear it wasn't working? another "one-trick pony" continental coach, who has under-estimated the Championship. We've had enough of those at our place. They soon get worked out by opponents in this league.

When they had the ball, they went backwards and sideways when pressed and lost the ball too easily. Tippy Tappy football in triangles with no end product and they were caught upfield on the wrong-side when they lost the ball time after time. The Back Four struggled all afternoon against direct counter-attacks. Their next opponents had the game-plan to follow laid out in front of them.

Their players should stump up the travel costs for the 3000 who turned up after that embarrassing performance. Mind you, I haven't seen such a quiet away support with a full end. They stood quiet for long spells almost shell-shocked at what they were seeing. I think the Dee-Dahs thought they only had to turn up for the three points.

• Options
    I didn't realise OperationMug still posted on here. How sad.
  • Options
    CHG said:

Wonder what the Massives thought of the game and protests?

who cares.