Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Practical suggestions to turn things around

I'm no tactical expert...so what do Charlton do (with the transfer window 2 months away)
to get some points?

Comments

• The interim coach could forget which side of the road to drive on
  • Oakster said:

The interim coach could forget which side of the road to drive on

Harsh

Oh, maybe not
  • Let McAleny go back to Everton when his 8 week loan is up. What's the point of having him if he's not playing anyway. Loan in a proper left winger. Get some sports psychology expertise to try and boost the players confidence. Get some additional coaching expertise in - with better Championship knowledge. The CEO might not be up to it - but the team isn't coached by the CEO!
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc-west said:

Let McAleny go back to Everton when his 8 week loan is up. What's the point of having him if he's not playing anyway. Loan in a proper left winger. Get some sports psychology expertise to try and boost the players confidence. Get some additional coaching expertise in - with better Championship knowledge. The CEO might not be up to it - but the team isn't coached by the CEO!

No chance, Mad Professor and The Arrogant One In The Boardroom don't spend a penny they don't have to.
  • Start praying!
  • cafc-west said:

Let McAleny go back to Everton when his 8 week loan is up. What's the point of having him if he's not playing anyway. Loan in a proper left winger. Get some sports psychology expertise to try and boost the players confidence. Get some additional coaching expertise in - with better Championship knowledge. The CEO might not be up to it - but the team isn't coached by the CEO!

Agree... If we cant afford anyone else, let him go back regardless, concentrate on giving our own Youth a chance... Might mean we can save up what we'd have spent on McAleny's wages and buy someone better in January
  • Start World War III so they have to cancel the season! That or persuade Duchatelet to sell. What is the easier?
  • Get a new manager and team.
  • Get this on the pitch in the thousands!!!!
  • edited October 2015
    Simple really - Get in players who are good enough to play at this level. Get in a manager who understands the Championship. If you ain't gonna do that, then you are happy to get relegated.

So, 3 x loan players from Premier League clubs, with the experience of playing in the Championship, not kids like McAlney. Our chief Scout will know every player, in every Premier League club and will have the contacts to find out who would drop down to this level for a month.....but then again...he's at Fulham now.

The owner wouldn't pay the wages anyway.

Charlton Alexandra
  • Good post Tutt-Tutt, sadly everything you say is true.
  • Get in 2 or 3 free agents could be costly but must be done asap
  • Sponsored links:

• Get a good British Manager in , O Driscoll, Lambert etc and say to him you have got two years to turn it around. Bring in experienced Championship/ Premiership players on loan or permanent in January. If we have to take the hit of relegation so be it. To keep on changing the Managers is not working. So RDs attitude needs to change. But i think none of the above will happen.
  • razil said:

Get in 2 or 3 free agents could be costly but must be done asap

Free agents are free agents because they haven't been good enough to earn a contract. We need 3 x Coquelins by next Saturday, otherwise the Massives will have a field day.
  • Stop appointing poor head coaches, and appoint a MANAGER with actual championship experience.
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

razil said:

Get in 2 or 3 free agents could be costly but must be done asap

Free agents are free agents because they haven't been good enough to earn a contract. We need 3 x Coquelins by next Saturday, otherwise the Massives will have a field day.
    Or because of their wage demands

• edited October 2015
    I not as good with words as the AFKA's and the Henry's amongst others, but my opinion is........ It's fair to say that in the past years we've had the odd game where we've been a little off form, be it with a squad that's not good enough or just carrying injuries. But as a club we were united from top to bottom with one cause it was Charlton against the world. We were put on a pedestal not by ourselves, but by other clubs, other fans dreamt of "doing a Charlton" in the premiership we were batting above our average and more often than not when the opposition scored the whole ground erupted in a chorus of " Red Army" because we knew we had worked hard from the supporters the players to the board of directors and had earned the right to be there now the opposition scores and the boos ring out, why. We were treated to free coach travel (can anyone see that happening again?) subsidised air travel and so on, whatever journey we went on good or bad we were part of it. Directors never hid, players never hid and certainly supporters never hid everyone pulled together for one cause Charlton Athletic. Now there's a huge divide created by faceless money man pulling the strings from another country, with a CEO who I would wager has never watched any videos of our past history she wouldn't know the man she has just "promoted" was part of one best victories in our history at Arsenal known as Black Sabbath. The directors (I have no idea who they are or if there are any?) what I do know is we are owned by a guy in Belgium, who has his instructions carried out by a lady at the Valley. Richard Murray is still at the club ( I've seen his picture) but I have no idea what he does and as we no longer hear from him I would guess he no longer has any influence in the day to day running of Charlton Athletic. Meeting with the fans is not a new idea Ms Miere it's gone on for years through good times and bad, but it's never had a panel chosen by the club. (Oops, I meant randomly selected) or carefully selected questions or awkward questions laughed off or ignored. If you want to meet with the fans then meet with them an "Open mike" q & a session and as long as the questions contain no foul or abusive language you answer them, no need for Mr Murray although you are more than welcome to bring your boss with you. I can't see any of this happening and what do I know, you and your boss have the future of Charlton Athletic in the palm of your hands and how you deal with it is your decision, but despite your opinion I don't think you do know what's best for our great club, you just hold the purse strings a lot of the people you let go know what's best for Charlton Athletic, but at least the spreadsheets are looking good. Look around you next Saturday those dwindling numbers are your responsibility, because you won't listen and will continue to do it your way.