Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NEW ARTICLE: Love me or Luz me; will Roland ever Curb his approach?

Comments

• Come back Murry......it wasn't that bad.....it was bloody good infact.
  • edited November 2015
    S.. that's all...
  • edited November 2015
    mascot88 said:

I .. that's all...

Do you have to interview to become the welcome officer?
  • mascot88 said:

I want him dead... that's all...

Do you have to interview to become the welcome officer?
    I made them off they couldn't refuse... :)

• Just to rub salt in the wounds!
    Club submitted planning application to remove club shop and replace with 4 flats,
    Rumour is he's waiting for improved offer for ground and relocate at Blackwall site
    Guys he's going nowhere quick if anyone attends meeting with club I would suggest you ask the question
    The squad means nothing at all to him look at his network no squad investment at all
    Ask yourselves this question WHY has Greenwich council not popped up expressing there concerns!
    Answer they get state of the art stadium in there catchment
    Jiminez and slater did not fit the model and far to much baggage once they got knock back Kevin cash pulled the funding
    And the rest is history.
    As they say for warned is for armed.
  • Nice first post ghost , where you been all this time
  • Having read views of many fans and non fans I believe time is right to support you guys!
    I'm prepared to ask the question to KM
    was she aware of an offer being made for the club in July 2015 for the sum of €47mil and why was it turned down point blank.
  • Just to rub salt in the wounds!
    Club submitted planning application to remove club shop and replace with 4 flats,
    Rumour is he's waiting for improved offer for ground and relocate at Blackwall site
    Guys he's going nowhere quick if anyone attends meeting with club I would suggest you ask the question
    The squad means nothing at all to him look at his network no squad investment at all
    Ask yourselves this question WHY has Greenwich council not popped up expressing there concerns!
    Answer they get state of the art stadium in there catchment
    Jiminez and slater did not fit the model and far to much baggage once they got knock back Kevin cash pulled the funding
    And the rest is history.
    As they say for warned is for armed.

It seems the Belgians are treating our beloved football club like nothing more than real estate, destroying everything we've bulit and all the hard work we've done in the past two decades. It's really sad.
  • I would view this statement with caution Jessie, there is no listing on Greenwich Councils planning application that this has occurred.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would view this statement with caution Jessie, there is no listing on Greenwich Councils planning application that this has occurred.

Give it time!
    Your see

Give it time!
    Your see
    source?
  • Flats to replace the club shop you say... Any Valley Gold discount on said flats?
  • edited November 2015

Having read views of many fans and non fans I believe time is right to support you guys!
    was she aware of an offer being made for the club in July 2015 for the sum of €47mil and why was it turned down point blank.

So RD turned down 47 million euros (?), that's equivalent to £33,434,821.67 at today's currency rates. Which, if has put in £21 million himself already (including buying the club I believe) would have made him a profit of £12 m in 18 months. If this is factual, and I don't know whether it is or not, he must have a reason for turning that down after such a short term in charge. So perhaps the sale of The Valley for residential houses and a new stadium on the peninsular is his plan, and if that's his master-plan he needs to be stopped.

Give it time!
    Your see
    You'll. (Not Jason ;-)
  • I see the strategy now, get the fan base down to below 10,000 then you only have to rebuild a smaller stadium.
  • Having read views of many fans and non fans I believe time is right to support you guys!

So RD turned down 47 million euros (?), that's equivalent to £33,434,821.67 at today's currency rates. Which, if has put in £21 million himself already (including buying the club I believe) would have made him a profit of £12 m in 18 months. If this is factual, and I don't know whether it is or not, he must have a reason for turning that down after such a short term in charge. So perhaps the sale of The Valley for residential houses and a new stadium on the peninsular is his plan, and if that's his master-plan he needs to be stopped.
    your not allowing for RM vested interest
    i suggest look at the proposal in place at the Greenwich peninsula which includes morden wharf
    TJ and MS were very close to a deal which included GBC and morden trust!
    if you dig you will find

your not allowing for RM vested interest
    i suggest look at the proposal in place at the Greenwich peninsula which includes morden wharf
    TJ and MS were very close to a deal which included GBC and morden trust!
    if you dig you will find
    Then when the meeting with KM/RM takes place the question needs to be asked directly, does RD's future plan include selling the Valley and relocating to the peninsular or anywhere else for that matter? Direct question and a Yes or NO answer required. If they answer with a don't know or not in the plans at this stage, then we need back-up questions, for example "Well as the CEO, surely you must have seen the 5 year strategic plan, does it include the sale or relocation of The Valley?" etc etc
  • @Ghostofcharltonpast. This post if it has basis in truth is a game changer. I'm interested as to why you have decided to post it now as opposed to when you first discovered the information ? Have you sat on this for a while and if so, why ?

I would ask that you try to fill in the gaps for us as this is the most significant news that Charlton supporters could get.

I have always thought that The Peninsula was too good an opportunity not to be pursued by any businessman and my growing concern has been why the absolutely prime Morden Wharf site has not yet been plucked by the myriad of housing ventures.

• Deserves a new thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• @Ghostofcharltonpast. This post if it has basis in truth is a game changer. I'm interested as to why you have decided to post it now as opposed to when you first discovered the information ? Have you sat on this for a while and if so, why ?

I would ask that you try to fill in the gaps for us as this is the most significant news that Charlton supporters could get.

I have always thought that The Peninsula was too good an opportunity not to be pursued by any businessman and my growing concern has been why the absolutely prime Morden Wharf site has not yet been plucked by the myriad of housing ventures.

please don't put that on me,
    the peninsula is deemed a multi use site the carrot for RD was relocation!
    why and how did this Belgian know about Charlton
    when all the talk was about turks/yanks/Russians but NO Belgian's,
    my question is this, why all interest in investment training ground and the valley but not the squad!
    Charlton will only attract a certain investor (DEVELOPER) IT PRIME SITE AND THE COUNCIL KNOW IT
  • You get a lot of Chinese Whispers at times like this but I have thought all along that long term The Valley could potentially be a site for redevelopment regardless of the trust in place and wondered if this was RD's real motivation. He has no affinity with CAFC, does not care about the club history and so would make the move in a heartbeat IF there was a nice profit to be made. I work with an Everton fan and he expressed genuine sadness and no small amount of anger at what is happening he said that "There isn't another club anywhere with fans who have gone to the length we did to get back to their ground and it's heartbreaking to see some faceless fuckwit throw that away" end of quote. In a way I found a bit of solace knowing that fans of other clubs are felling some of our pain.

the next year or so will define our future but, and this may not be popular with you guys, but if relocating to the peninsular and being sold on the an owner who wants to move the club forward so that we can get rid of RD then it may be the best solution in the long run but right now we are stuck with this dick and nothing we can do about it except try and hit his pocket the best we can.
  • dave
    you are bang on the money
    sorry to say this but the valley doesn't have the infrastructure to cope with the ever growing needs of PL football the game at that level is high end corporate business,
    with all the investment of crossrail all the new links in and around london what makes us different from west ham moving from upton park.
  • Can't argue with any of that Ghost in fact the more you think about it the more sense it makes from a fiscal perspective. Problem is that as the team performances fall away with possible relegation at the end of this season, any new ground will probably be smaller than The Valley as it will be there to accommodate League 1 football with crowds of 12,000 or so meaning that a any motivation to move forward is stifled. Of course this is all speculation and conjecture but as a scenario it plays out and if so means the future for the club is bleak indeed.
  • edited November 2015

Nice first post ghost , where you been all this time

In the future?
  • edited November 2015
  • edited November 2015
    I heard about ten days ago that RD planned to demolish the Superstore and replace it with flats. I didn't bring it here because 1) it would be possible subject to consent to build up with reinstated retail, 2) I couldn't find a second source and 3) I did not want to start a story that might involve the shop staff losing their jobs - or the threat of that - without sufficient verification.

You cannot put another storey on the existing building.

There is no planning application to date but if there is one I think we should organise to get it rejected.

I have heard from another source that Meire would prefer a store at the 02 or Bexleyheath, but we have been there before.
  • I heard about ten days ago that RD planned to demolish the Superstore and replace it with flats. I didn't bring it here because 1) it would be possible subject to consent to build up with reinstated retail, 2) I couldn't find a second source and 3) I did not want to start a story that might involve the shop staff losing their jobs without sufficient verification.

You cannot put another storey on the existing building.

There is no planning application to date but if there is one I think we should organise to get it rejected.

I have heard from another source that Meire would prefer a store at the 02 or Bexleyheath, but we have been there before.

Oh dear...

No smoke without fire.

• I heard about ten days ago that RD planned to demolish the Superstore and replace it with flats. I didn't bring it here because 1) it would be possible subject to consent to build up with reinstated retail, 2) I couldn't find a second source and 3) I did not want to start a story that might involve the shop staff losing their jobs without sufficient verification.

Unless it's a high rise I can't believe there's anything like enough land there for someone with £100m's to bother with all the grief developing that site would entail.
  • stripped out into a seperate thread now

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!