Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MotoGP finale in Valencia

I know there are a few viewers on here. Rossi will 100% be starting from the back of the grid, opinions?

I’m torn. Initially yes I thought it was a kick but I’ve been swayed more towards his way of thinking, plus Marquez did act like a total bell end. With Marquez behaving so erratically they both probably wouldn’t have finished the race anyway.

Then of course, should Danny Kent become a world champion he will receive no mainstream coverage. I remember when Crutchlow won the World Supersport title and the BBC was running gymnastics ‘news’ instead.

Comments

• Marquez has been on a spoiler since he realised he couldn`t win the championship this year, shame Rossi starting from the back , ruins what has been a good Motogp season this year , cant see Rossi getting anywhere near the front at Valencia .
  • RedPanda said:

I know there are a few viewers on here. Rossi will 100% be starting from the back of the grid, opinions?

I’m torn. Initially yes I thought it was a kick but I’ve been swayed more towards his way of thinking, plus Marquez did act like a total bell end. With Marquez behaving so erratically they both probably wouldn’t have finished the race anyway.

Then of course, should Danny Kent become a world champion he will receive no mainstream coverage. I remember when Crutchlow won the World Supersport title and the BBC was running gymnastics ‘news’ instead.

Great shout RP.
    If this was F1 the national press would be wetting themselves over the prospect of this race.
    Marquez has been bullying his way through the GPs for too long, Rossi is the greatest MotoGP rider all all time, Marquez had nothing to do with the title, so was winding Rossi up during his chase for Jorge.
    I'm so pleased Rossi nerfed him off, I hate that little shit with a passion.
    However MM is Dornas (owners of Moto GP) little angel so Rossi was always gonna get punished while that little shit got nothing for carving him up corner after corner.
    Karma will get him, I have a few racing mates and the inside view is that they reckon Marquez will get his next season.
    Whatever, its gonna be a hell of a finale, cant wait.

Wishing Danny Kent all the best in the Moto3 class, a potential British World Champion in proper motorsport.
  • fadgadget said:

Marquez has been on a spoiler since he realised he couldn`t win the championship this year, shame Rossi starting from the back , ruins what has been a good Motogp season this year , cant see Rossi getting anywhere near the front at Valencia .

Totally agree. Should of been a cracking last race. Be interesting to see who else Marquez hold back to allow Lorenzo to get away...

Good luck to Danny Kent tho, he deserves to win.
  • Greenie said:

If this was F1 the national press would be wetting themselves over the prospect of this race.
    Marquez has been bullying his way through the GPs for too long, Rossi is the greatest MotoGP rider all all time, Marquez had nothing to do with the title, so was winding Rossi up during his chase for Jorge.
    However MM is Dornas (owners of Moto GP) little angel so Rossi was always gonna get punished while that little shit got nothing for carving him up corner after corner.

My old man reckons the BBC were the same all the way back in the 70s. The lack of coverage of his Silverstone win was galling.

Yeah a mate put it this way – “Marquez went looking for trouble and he found trouble.” He definitely had the pace to go with Lorenzo and Pedrosa but chose to impede another person’s race, for no good reason. Rossi even gave him warnings.

Once Vale retires MotoGP is going to be a lot less watchable. I don’t really fancy Lorenzo v Marquez for 5 years, I like Iannone but I don’t think he’s a future champ. Zarco obviously impresses in Moto2 but he has the wrong passport, Rins can be spectacular but will be another Spanish drone. It’s a shame there aren’t a few Aussies or Americans coming through like in the 2-stroke days. Hopefully Kyle Ryde gets some luck and decent backing.

If it does get that boring I’ll probably stick to BSB and road racing. Glenn Irwin on a Ducati next season has excited me, he seems a lovely, chirpy guy.
  • edited November 2015
    RedPanda said:

Greenie said:

My old man reckons the BBC were the same all the way back in the 70s. The lack of coverage of his Silverstone win was galling.

Yeah a mate put it this way – “Marquez went looking for trouble and he found trouble.” He definitely had the pace to go with Lorenzo and Pedrosa but chose to impede another person’s race, for no good reason. Rossi even gave him warnings.

Once Vale retires MotoGP is going to be a lot less watchable. I don’t really fancy Lorenzo v Marquez for 5 years, I like Iannone but I don’t think he’s a future champ. Zarco obviously impresses in Moto2 but he has the wrong passport, Rins can be spectacular but will be another Spanish drone. It’s a shame there aren’t a few Aussies or Americans coming through like in the 2-stroke days. Hopefully Kyle Ryde gets some luck and decent backing.

If it does get that boring I’ll probably stick to BSB and road racing. Glenn Irwin on a Ducati next season has excited me, he seems a lovely, chirpy guy.
    I cant disagree with any of that.
    The Brits dont get any rides in MotoGP so they have flooded WSB, hopefully Danny Kent may get to Moto2 next season and then....?
    Im a big fan of Kyle Ryde, but I think he's going BSB next season.
  • So Marquez sat on Lorenzo's back wheel without making one pass attempt, how pathetic. Valencia is such a total Mickey Mouse circuit as well.

To be honest though, I think Rossi would have been 4th today anyway, like many other rounds he was playing catch up in practice. Lorenzo isn't particularly likeable but he's consistently been fastest since Jerez.

The silver lining today is of course Danny Kent, and Miguel Oliveira came out of that looking a gentleman. That was emotional.
  • Marquez rode shotgun for Lorenzo and the only aggressive move he made was on Pedrosa.
    Well done Danny Kent !!
  • sralan said:

Marquez rode shotgun for Lorenzo and the only aggressive move he made was on Pedrosa.
    Well done Danny Kent !!

Totally agree. He had several opportunities to pass him, then waited for Pedrosa to catch up. Fighting back with him allowed Lorenzo a bit of breathing space.

Great for Danny Kent, fully deserved.