Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Eddie Jones (NOT a R I P )

I digress from matters soccer (apologies to all y'all oval ball dislikers) to bring the news that Mr Jones has been appointed coach of the England Rugby/Rugger squad.
Depending on how much overall control he has, this means a very probable BIG upsurge in both performance and results from the chaps (I hope).

I also hope that Messrs Farrell, Rowntree and Catt, the other so called coaches are sent down the same road as so called head Coach Mr Lancaster and that they are allowed nowhere near the England rugby team ever again ..
.. now back to the REAL football ((:>) .. Come on you Addick chappies

Comments

• On the fence about this one Jones is bit too much of a self publicist for my liking, but I suppose it is the Australian way.
    Hopefully he will push to have French based players in.
  • edited November 2015
    Good appointment. Agree with you Lincs about how much control he has.

Shame we couldn't have had an English coach - but if there isn't anybody who fits the bill, then get the best that's available and who wants the job.

Good move imo. And he can't possibly make more of a dogs dinner over it than Lancaster did.
  • Puts it all into perspective
  • Seems a decent appointment - can't argue with the way he got Japan playing to their strengths and executing a precise game plan, and that's on top of good experience with Aus and SA.
  • Painful to have an Aussie in charge, but a good choice!
  • Looks like he will have two englishmen as his assistants and bring them through to take over when he leaves.
    Bags of experience and is quite 'pally' with Sir Clive, I wonder if he will bring Clive back in any vicinity at the RFU?
  • i'm glad we've finally gone for a southern hemisphere coach, i think they have a better attitude to the usual england negativity. whether jones is the right man, i'm not qualified to comment.
  • Big_Bob said:

Looks like he will have two englishmen as his assistants and bring them through to take over when he leaves.
    Bags of experience and is quite 'pally' with Sir Clive, I wonder if he will bring Clive back in any vicinity at the RFU?

nice idea but I cant see it .. these top guys have big egos and like their own way .. Woodward is a real English Rugby icon and surely Jones would feel overshadowed by any overt collusion with him .. as to 'private' conversations .. who knows ?
  • Always liked the guy but he had to go … we have been under achieving for a while 
  • Sponsored links:

• I have been waiting at least two years for this (see my many comments on other threads) .. i m o he has been taking the public and, more importantly, the RFU for mugs .. he's now free to go to Japan or wherever with his no doubt large and unwarranted pay off .. Cockerill, the temp man in charge is a great rabble rouser and understands forward, especially front row, play .. the priority is to establish a regular and consistent team selection .. as ever, we will see
  • Felt like he had too many fingers in too many pies by the end. Almost like England was his side job
  • Shrewd move by Wales reappointing Gatland before England could grab him.
  • Shrewd move by Wales reappointing Gatland before England could grab him.
    agree with this 100%
  • Needed a refresh, been turgid for a while.