Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• You can definitely link the revolt in Syria to climate change, it's not the only cause of issues but is a real contributing factor, for the reasons @gilbertfilbert gives above.

Not seen the full interview but he's not wrong by any means. Shame news channels seek to provoke by 140 character teasers on Twitter.
  • Years of drought in Syria drove people from their farms into the cities. Destitution and unrest ensued. Fertile ground for extremists.

Does this apply to Boko Haram too ?
  • Years of drought in Syria drove people from their farms into the cities. Destitution and unrest ensued. Fertile ground for extremists.

Clever!
  • Glad you spotted that

BH looks plain psychotic to me.

Nothing excuses the actions of these people, anyway.
  • Climate change !! A possible 1.5 degree rise in global temp. since 1880. Yup! right through the time of massive industrialisation of many parts of the world, two world wars, multiple testing of nucleur weapons, the burning of fossil fuels and there may be a rise of 1.5 degrees.
    And no discernible rise over the last two decades.

I'm all for protecfting our planet, but the hysteria around global warming climate change is really a bit OTT.

As for Charles' pronouncement; Utterly ridiculous. Syrians (and others) are fleeing the barbaric Islamists known as IS.
  • Never minded when i lived on a hill. Now i live in a valley i worry a bit. Better buy some wellington boots i suppose... yawn!
  • Sponsored links:

• Exactly why the royals should stay out of politics. No doubt we should take his views on homeopathy seriously.
  • Charlotte Church came out with the same explanation a few weeks ago on Question Time and everyone laughed at her.
  • Some of the people getting wound up over this type of analysis confuse the explanation / link suggested with a justification for the appalling violence.
  • http://news.sky.com/story/1592373/charles-syrias-war-linked-to-climate-change

The full interview isn't as bad as the tweet makes out.

Indeed - not the biggest cause of migration and terrorism by a long shot but I think he makes a convincing case for at least some influence.

To paraphrase Ben Elton; Charles is a bit of a hippy but he's alright!
  • Exactly why the royals should stay out of politics. No doubt we should take his views on homeopathy seriously.

No I think he is just plain wrong on that! However I know some intelligent rational people who passionately believe in it!
  • edited November 2015

Charlotte Church came out with the same explanation a few weeks ago on Question Time and everyone laughed at her.

THIS .. drought and a lack of arable land added to a population surge, not to mention the preaching of primitive religion to essentially primitive people, and the thieving and murderous regimes inherent in the area have caused havoc all over the Mid East and sub Saharan Africa, food is becoming scarce in many parts of the world. Whether this is all down to climate change is probable .. the question is, is the change solely or mainly due to human influence ? .. the earth has gone through thousands of climate changes down the billions of years it's been floating in space.
    The next wars will be fought over water (if they are not being so fought already) ... that's why the Kurds are so feared and mistrusted by the Turks, Iranians and Arabs .. the mooted 'Kurdistan' would control the sources and flow of the Tigris and Euphrates, the waterways on which the whole of the Middle East depend
  • IAgree said:

Exactly why the royals should stay out of politics. No doubt we should take his views on homeopathy seriously.

No I think he is just plain wrong on that! However I know some intelligent rational people who passionately believe in it!
    But your erroneous friends don't have access to a platform for their ridiculous beliefs that The Prince of Wales does. That makes his comments newsworthy and by default important whereas your friends views remain anonymous in their stupidity.

• IAgree said:

Exactly why the royals should stay out of politics. No doubt we should take his views on homeopathy seriously.

But your erroneous friends don't have access to a platform for their ridiculous beliefs that The Prince of Wales does. That makes his comments newsworthy and by default important whereas your friends views remain anonymous in their stupidity.

Ok you got me there!

Not friend btw, just acquaintances - I passionately believe healthcare should be evidence based, if at all feasible, and homeopathy is quackery at its very worst!

Wow - who'd have thought?!
  • Sponsored links:

It's better than that, makes a lot of sense.
  • I thought this was going to be an interview with Lookman

They're just a Blacker Shade of Dark
  • Probably right, dropping all those bombs on people must make it a bit warmer