Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Building Surveyor required

Before I pick someone at random off the internet, is anyone able to recommend a company or individual to do a building survey for me on a property in Plumstead next week?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Comments

• Try Pellings in Bromley.

0208 460 9114.

Long established and professional.
  • Thanks Len.
  • You could have at least given me and @RedChaser time to hijack this thread too :(
  • edited November 2015
    Premium Surveyors, eltham http://www.premiumsurveyors.co.uk
  • Premium Surveyors, eltham http://www.premiumsurveyors.co.uk

I would recommend this one too.

I know Mike Heselden personally and he has a professional approach to his work.
  • MrLargo said:

Before I pick someone at random off the internet, is anyone able to recommend a company or individual to do a building survey for me on a property in Plumstead next week?

Where in plumstead? :-)
    Are you going to be a neighbour?

• Curb_It said:

MrLargo said:

Where in plumstead? :-)
    Are you going to be a neighbour?

Just off the commons, a bit to the north of Plumstead Common, just to the west of Winn's Common. I'm afraid that's all I'm saying until I've secured it - already lost a grand on a property on Albatross Street that someone decided they didn't want to sell after all, after I'd had the survey done and got my mortgage offer, so I'm in full superstition mode now.

Moving over from Lewisham, which I will miss greatly, although it's currently being invaded by red trouser-wearing organic arts and crafts arseholes with stupid beards, ridiculous knitware and precocious children, so it'll be nice to get away from that. Also, you can buy a house in Plumstead for the same price as a very mediocre one bedroom flat in Lewisham, and there's less Millwall scum and more Addicks.

Thanks for the recommendations. I've gone for Mike at Premium Surveyors in the end - he was delighted to have been recommended on a Charlton message board, having been on our books as a schoolboy and held a season ticket until about a decade ago.
  • Mike Heselden was Roan's centre forward when they won the All England trophy.

He played with Gary Mickelwhite, David Campbell & Neil Campbell, amongst others.

He played with Gary Mickelwhite, David Campbell & Neil Campbell, amongst others.

Was there that night. can't remember the score though.
  • I'm the other side of the common. Moved there about 3 years and couldn't be happier... well apart from having to get off at Woolwich arsenal every weekday.

Had very high hopes when the Star was refurbished but unfortunately that hasn't worked out so well. Still go in now and again. You're maybe new local The Old Mill is nice enough I guess but prefer the Star. And Tony's café is Plum Pantry by night and weekend.

Good luck with it.

• Sponsored links:

• edited November 2015

Mike Heselden was Roan's centre forward when they won the All England trophy.

Nor can I. We won it twice. Once at St Andrews and once at The Victoria Ground. IIRC.

Nor can I. We won it twice. Once at St Andrews and once at The Victoria Ground. IIRC.
    Went to both!!

David Campbell played seventy odd games for us including the infamous Maidstone FA Cup replay.
  • Curb_It said:

I'm the other side of the common. Moved there about 3 years and couldn't be happier... well apart from having to get off at Woolwich arsenal every weekday.

Had very high hopes when the Star was refurbished but unfortunately that hasn't worked out so well. Still go in now and again. You're maybe new local The Old Mill is nice enough I guess but prefer the Star. And Tony's café is Plum Pantry by night and weekend.

Good luck with it.

Thanks. Yep, I am/will be close to the Old Mill. I vaguely recall reading a thread about The Star on here a few months ago - the new landlord is a bot of a character, or possibly something else beginning with "c".
  • If its for damp, ask H

; )
  • LenGlover said:

David Campbell played seventy odd games for us including the infamous Maidstone FA Cup replay.
    Yes. He was better than Peter Shaw.
  • LenGlover said:

Yes. He was better than Peter Shaw.
    You and I were probably better than Peter Shaw :-)

Went to both!!
    Same here. Small world it is!