Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luzon to Reading FC

via News Shopper

According to a report in Israeli newspaper 'Haaretz', Guy Luzon is expected to be named Reading FC manager in the coming days.

— Raphael Gellar (@Raphael_Gellar) December 4, 2015

Israeli press got it right last time

Comments

• can't believe that
  • As Reading's owners are also bonkers, it wouldn't surprise me.
  • What!!!?
  • Never. They can't be that stupid surely?
  • Oh pleeeease let this be true
  • 8/1 third fav on bet victor
  • Maybe we should all write him a reference and send it over to the madejski?

"When you jump, he jumps with you"
  • This would surprise me
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeading would be a couple of grades above his station I fear...
  • He also mentioned that this Guttman and Luzon share the same agent so possibly this agent is chucking some nonsense out there on Guy's behalf trying to get his name in the shake up as he tried to do with this Guttman to us.
  • Luzon will not get another job in England.
  • If true good luck to him.
  • no .. they mean that he is READING (i.e. avin a butchers in the paper) about the Reading (i.e. the F C) managerial vacancy
  • You need to wait for @Desert Red . If he confirms it, lump on big time.
  • purdis said:

Oakster said:

Yeading would be a couple of grades above his station I fear...

This was the Manager who took CAFC to, was it six, unbeaten games at the beginning of this season? We beat two 2014-15 Premiership sides in achieving that.

Appreciate the humour but a little harsh, I fear......

And then?......
  • Sponsored links:

• purdis said:

Oakster said:

This was the Manager who took CAFC to, was it six, unbeaten games at the beginning of this season? We beat two 2014-15 Premiership sides in achieving that.

But he's another puppet so has to be discredited.
  • edited December 2015

purdis said:

Oakster said:

And then?......
    Your guess is as good as mine. Everything started going t*ts up after the first international break.

Still think the man is a good Coach and will reappear in some successful role.

For me, I have to agree with the views that he was too naive for the Championship level, as it turned out.

One thing's for sure, the man likes to win - possibly too much when some games he maybe should have been wiser and tried for a point - sure he will have learned from that.

Too weak a squad and I'm convinced let down by some key players, cost him his job and once the slide downwards began, there was not really any way back.

Remember that JJ said this is the best squad he's ever been a part of since his time at CAFC.

Quoting from the same journal as Henry Irving, http://www.haaretz.com/life/2.420/guy-luzon-will-be-one-of-europe-s-top-10-coaches.premium-1.507304
  • Been told that Luzon's friends in Israel are saying that is on the verge of a deal. Still, nothing signed yet.
  • I can't see what people see in Luzon. Once he was sussed he had no answer. Much preferred Riga.
  • He's been appointed head coach of Israel -21's.
  • Saw him at the Emirates today, so maybe he's getting Wenger's job...!
  • edited December 2015
    skywalker said:

He's been appointed head coach of Israel -21's.

Yeh appointed by his uncle Avi.

He was better than I was expecting, he is alright on match days in terms of motivation and is great with the press.

He was useless on the training ground. His tactical knowledge and willingness to pay attention to detail was non-league standard, which was his level before us and the one to which he will revert