Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leeds Pie Tax

Comments

• That's insane !
  • Wait till we get hit with the sofa tax
  • We've got a long way to catchup with that madness.
  • We've got a long way to catchup with that madness.

I think both clubs are equally mental, just in different ways.

At least none of us are Blackpool though.
  • I would have thought pies were the last thing the people of Leeds could do with more of.......and that's just the woman!!!
  • Maybe they've been boycotting the food & this is the owners way of by passing the boycott. FFS take this thread down before the liar sees it
  • se9addick said:

We've got a long way to catchup with that madness.

I think both clubs are equally mental, just in different ways.

At least none of us are Blackpool though.
    Er...catchup, ketchup...that was the gag.
    Cant stand anything to do with Elland Road.
    Still love SE7
  • IAIA
    edited December 2015
    I was thinking today that "they should be forced to eat pork" is my new favourite threat. I'll be using it more often, for any occasion.

Looks like Cellino is ahead of me.
  • Yes, this definitely falls into the "don't tell Katrien" category.

Pies Yes
    Compulsion No
  • Cellino: "Pies for all"
    Leeds fans: "Boooo"
    Cellino: "No pies for anyone"
    Leeds fans: "Boooo"
    Every other football club owner: "Pies for some. Cheaper matchdays for others"
    Other fans: "Yay"
  • Sponsored links:

• Pie tax coming to the Valley soon...
  • Or as Jamie would say ...pukka.
  • I would have thought pies were the last thing the people of Leeds could do with more of.......and that's just the woman!!!

Which one?
  • I've asked a Leeds fan, apparently they haven't been boycotting food but it's a way of getting back against those in the south stand protesting/singing about Cellino. They're the most vocal so they're the ones being punished.

Thankfully we don't sell enough tickets for that to be an option at The Valley.
  • £5 for a pie in Leeds? You could buy Beeston for that. (Not that you'd want to).
  • there looks a considerable amount of meat in that pie compared to the gravy offerings of the pies i get from chip shops
  • Guess what I think.
  • there looks a considerable amount of meat in that pie compared to the gravy offerings of the pies i get from chip shops

Yes, that pie looks far too good to be served at a football ground!
  • I worry people will say, "if they can do it why can't we".

I would argue that there fan base is much more united in their opposition to the owner, whereas ours is quite divided.
  • Sponsored links:

• The counter server last night was very pleasant, wearing a Delaware Catering uniform.
    Despite the prices I was hungry, but Delaware Catering don't offer anything worth buying, and anyway I am not going to put any more money in than the minimum, so the Valley Gold person was on a loser with me too.
  • edited December 2015

I worry people will say, "if they can do it why can't we".

I would argue that there fan base is much more united in their opposition to the owner, whereas ours is quite divided.

If they can do it why can't we?

:wink:
  • Do they have any say in what pie you're given? Is there a veggie option?
  • iaitch said:

Do they have any say in what pie you're given? Is there a veggie option?

Vegetarians will be force-fed pork.
  • RedPanda said:

I've asked a Leeds fan, apparently they haven't been boycotting food but it's a way of getting back against those in the south stand protesting/singing about Cellino. They're the most vocal so they're the ones being punished.

Thankfully we don't sell enough tickets for that to be an option at The Valley.

Convicted Italian fraudster combatting protesters eh? Does make you wonder what, or who, is in the pies?!
  • Leeds fans doing a pie tax walk out tomorrow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35006222
  • Leeds fans doing a pie tax walk out tomorrow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35006222

A meat pie will have about 600 calories, so 2 miles should do it.
  • I worry people will say, "if they can do it why can't we".

Yep, We'll see, and hear next week.

Last season they had a wide range of protest songs throughout the game, fair play to them.
  • Sharp practice at its worst, the cost to Leeds Utd to hand out the food will be way below the £5 voucher value, so essentially it's a way of raising Ticket prices and getting around the ban on raising them mid season.
  • Should get their pie and throw into the pitch at a pre ordained time/event.