Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dundee, The War and Skis Hats

As you who follow the museum on twitter (and why would anyone not be following @chathmuseum?) we were recently given a huge collection of programmes and other items going back to 1944.

The Charlton items we're keeping but we have a lot of other non-Charlton items to find homes for. We can't really have hundreds of Millwall programmes at the Valley.

One of those item was an oddity but it reminded us of the friendship with another club Dundee FC.

The item is a programme from a game between the BAOR Combined Services XI and Dundee from 1946

Comments

• Options
    Must be a fake, the 24hr clock wasn't invented until 1963.

www.24hourclock/1963/nasa
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Now the pedants among you will be saying that's not a Dundee programme and who the hell as BAOR?

BAOR is the British Army of the Rhine, the name given to the occupying forces in Germany post world war two.

With hundreds of thousand service men in Germany the plan was to bring over UK teams to entertain them.

Once such game was Dundee v a combined team, made up of professionals still in the forces it seems.

Annoyingly for Dundee fans the Army got it wrong

• Options
    It was Dundee not Dundee Utd as confirmed by the club historian Kenny Ross. The players are all Dundee FC players.

The museum have given the programme to Kenny as we feel that that is a good home for it.

But it got us thinking about the 80s friendship between Dundee and Charlton fans and those half and half ski hats.

We've got a couple of plain Charlton ones in the museum but no half and half ones.

There were a lot of Rangers and Celtic and @SE7toSG3 claims there were Dundee and Charlton one's too. Charlton and Brazil or am I dreaming?

How many others were there and who's willing to donate them to the museum?
  • Options
    Like this, but with one half Dundee
    #redarmyoldskool
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

#redarmyoldskool

Hard looking firm that lot : - )
  • Options
    Well we ran the world!
  • Options
    Had half three lions half Charlton and someone always wore the half Brazil one to selhurst.
  • Options
    some idiot sold some on here a few years back and didn't keep one for the museum.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/41785/for-sale-four-classic-80s-charlton-hats/p1

Had half three lions half Charlton and someone always wore the half Brazil one to selhurst.

• Options

Glad I wan't making that up.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

#redarmyoldskool

Who is that in the picture?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sad to say me with the Grolsch bottle!
  • Options
    Blimey, it looks like me!
    SE7toSG3 said: