Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peakey's Rocket

Not sure if there's a thread on this already.

The first British Austronaut to join the ISS, Major Tim Peake, is scheduled for launch next Tuesday, for a six month stint.
You can watch it live on this link.

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-television-coverage-set-for-next-space-station-crew-launch

Comments

• Peaky Rocket

Excellent! Changed the title.
  • peaky blinder
  • Ground control to Major Tim.
  • Commencing countdown, engines on
    Check ignition and may God's love be with you.
  • Good luck Tim!

There is a good documentary on him on iPlayer at the mo, comes across as a top man.
  • He's up there floating about :-)
  • I thought this was going to be another rip thread, again.
  • Disappointed.

I thought I was going to be treated to a video compilation of Andy Peake's piledriver goals from outside the box.

• Sponsored links:

• Sadly... Tim has just realised he's still got the car keys after forgetting to give them to his wife
  • Should he be allowed back in the UK after joining ISS?
  • I thinks it's such an incredible achievement, not only tim( typical naff british name, should have called, biff or scooder ) but the iss, what an incredible piece of engineering.

I got all teary, it's almost a spiritual moment.

I didn't know we'd already had an astronaut in space, and a women as well, well done to her. but it makes me wonder how they adapt to the mundane nature of earth life, on their return.
  • IA said:

Should he be allowed back in the UK after joining ISS?

Depends how tall he is when he comes back.
  • I thinks it's such an incredible achievement, not only tim( typical naff british name, should have called, biff or scooder ) but the iss, what an incredible piece of engineering.

I got all teary, it's almost a spiritual moment.

I didn't know we'd already had an astronaut in space, and a women as well, well done to her. but it makes me wonder how they adapt to the mundane nature of earth life, on their return.

The first ginger in space too, I understand.

Yes, there was good program on last night first shown in 1984 all about how they were going to build the ISS. Looks a bit different from the original plans.

• Time Peake's first space walk today at 12.55GMT live on NASA TV.