Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Monk Sacked - Edit Gary Monk, not some Monk from an Abbott or Monastery

Only 36. What do we think

Comments

• His legs have gone
  • Curbs 16/1
  • All the best Harry
  • Managerial rate of turnover too high under RD so there is no way he would want to make a habit of getting the tin tack :wink:
  • edited December 2015

He has never managed an English club so he qualifies for the Charlton job

He's English though Henners so fails on that front :disappointed:
  • Does he have a Belgian grandparent?
  • Scoham said:

Does he have a Belgian grandparent?

He might be partial to the odd bun :open_mouth:
  • Sponsored links:

• The sort of manager that we could/should be going for really.

Will we?

Will we f
  • He's not Belgian. Move on!
  • would have him at charlton any day, young coach and will go far in football i think.

Which sadly disqualifies him from working under our current owner.
  • Monk Sacked because he stopped getting into the Habit ?

Of winning.

who the chairman of the Swans; John Friar.
  • edited December 2015
    Addicted said:

The sort of manager that we could/should be going for really.

Will we?

Will we f

Really?

It always amazes me that the football management profession (and I use the term advisedly) is that rarity where being sacked as a football club manager (incompetent/misconduct) does not have a great detriment to almost immediately getting another job as a football club manager!

Monk has just been sacked for failing - we must have him!!
  • "Not a decision we took lightly" said the Swansea chairman.
    Can anyone come up with a phrase that is more glib than that, and gets trotted out every time a manager gets sacked?
  • No better than what we've got. ;-)
  • I. Winder if Karel will jump ship?
  • Maybe Swansea are getting into the habit of religiously changing managers every few months. I just pray they don't make the same mistakes as we do - out of the frying pan and into the friar, and it's nip and Tuck every time like Russ Abbot's madhouse.

It's enough to make me get my coat.
  • bobmunro said:

Addicted said:

Will we?

Will we f

Really?

It always amazes me that the football management profession (and I use the term advisedly) is that rarity where being sacked as a football club manager (incompetent/misconduct) does not have a great detriment to almost immediately getting another job as a football club manager!

Monk has just been sacked for failing - we must have him!!
    I think he did well until recently considering the squad he had at his disposal - particularly coming in with no experience.

he's a bit of a Chris Powell in that he seems to be a good man manager but maybe a bit tactically weak. I'm sure he's learned a fair bit going up against the prem opposition in both player quality and manager nous.

Sometimes changing job is what you need to refresh. Us plebs tend to do it of our own volition whereas football managers tend to have the decision made for them.

I'd definitely give him a go. Sort of bloke (demands respect) who'd probably be able to sort out the likes of Watt as he'd bring an air of authority given his playing and managing past.
  • Sponsored links:

• While RD and KM are there, it's a complete waste of time expecting a British manager. Nobody would be stupid enough to work fore them, end of.
  • Says he doesn't want the job.

• Addicted said:

Will we?

Will we f

I thought the protesters wanted our manager to have "proven Championship experience"
  • mrbligh said:

if Gary Monk gets the charlton job i'll get a tattoo on my....

A least you'll be able to save some money by skipping the o.
  • Addicted said:

PL54 said:

Addicted said:

Will we?

Will we f

I thought the protesters wanted our manager to have "proven Championship experience"
    1. "The protesters" aren't a hive mind
    2. Experience in English football (both playing and managing)
    3. Why am I engaging with you - a notorious baiter?
    Don't be a nonce.

Plenty of posts before have been very clear that the manager needs to have proven Championship experience.
  • or better, OBVIOUSLY!